Test Yourself: Psychology

Racer help!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else think this part of the game is screwed up? There have been times the ball is a good 1/4" from the black balls - and it was paused, so I could see the still images - yet my orange ball still explodes. Also, the "edge" isn't the edge - if you move towards it, you hit an invisible barrier that actually BOUNCES YOU AWAY in the opposite direction.

It's making me mad. This is the last trophy I need for 100%, and it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the game. This test is supposedly about twitch skill, but it goes beyond that. Like privatetoast said, part of it is just "sheer luck."

TIP: Making smaller movements seems to be a big help in avoiding these four balls of death. Just tap :l3: to move. I haven't gotten the trophy yet, but I've increased my average time from 10 seconds to 13 with smaller movements.

Oh, and by the way guys, "Some drugs slow down your reaction speed. Read the Nervous System Section in the Library. Make sure to get at least six hours of sleep."

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

I revisited this several times over the last few months and only had a best time of 19.13 seconds to show for my well over 1000+ attempts. Finally got Racer trophy yesterday...only thing that I did different was tuned tv volume down and played sum music from my phone. Still took me like 10 minutes to get it...but at least I was enjoying music while trying to get this annoying trophy.