Test Yourself: Psychology

Test Yourself: Psychology - Trophy Guide & Road Map

http://i.imgur.com/aB0ui4U.png

Header by Falcon1991

If you have found this guide helpful and it has brought you to join ps3trophies.org, then please feel free to give me a referral upon signup.

Overview:

Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 1/10

Trophy Breakdown: 5(B) 5(S) 1(G) 0 (P)

Offline Trophies: 7

Online Trophies: 4 (requires only logging onto PSN and 10 online friends)

Approximate Time to Completion: 1-2 hours

Number of Missable Trophies: 0

Glitched Trophies: None

Cheat Codes: None

Introduction:

Test Yourself: Psychology is a series of interactive psychological tests designed to help you with self-actualization in seven fundamental areas of your personality and mental abilities. The first pack analyzes only two areas of your psychological structure - Nervous System and Intelligence. Future DLC will include: Memory, Attention, Emotions, Will, and Creativity. The trophies are fairly straightforward to get with no linear path being required. You should note, however, that some sections are only unlocked after the Self-Test has been completed and are noted in the descriptions and Roadmap Walkthrough.

Roadmap Walkthrough:

When you first logon to the title you will be presented with basics requiring your sex and age. This is followed by a screen with four choices: Social, Self-Test, Training, and Library. The order for fastest completion is as follows:

Choose Social Menu Option:

Entering here will require you to logon to the PSN. This is where you will earn trophies for Nice Start, True Friend, Psychologist, and Self-known. Start by taking the assessment on yourself as prompted. I recommend going up one on the d-pad :up: to light blue for each of the 24 questions. If completed in this manner, you should get results indicating 52% Nervous System - 50% Intelligence - 58% Memory - 50% Attention. You should pop Nice Start and then be asked if you wish to assess your friends. Any 10 on your friends list can be assessed and the answers do not matter as you do not need to actually send the results. You can exit from the automatic PSN messaging window after completing each test. You will, however, need to do 10 different PSN users and not the same one 10x. This pops the trophy Psychologist.

While in this same menu, select 10 friends to request assessments from. Simply press :square: over each of the names and send. You MUST send the actual request this time but can modify the message to inform recipients that it is for your trophy. This gets you Self-known. For the last trophy, True Friend, you will have to know someone with this title, have a second PSN account, or post in the boosting thread. To earn this trophy you must have someone assess you and achieve the EXACT same results. The trophy will pop when the PSN message is received and does NOT require that you take your assessment of yourself after your friend. Achieving the same percentage results as listed above makes this easy for all boosting partners to achieve this quickly. You could also use another one of your accounts on the same PS3 to logon and complete this assessment.

Go to Self-Test > Intelligence:

Enter this mode to unlock Brain Maniac and Solved in 300 seconds. Here you will take 4 tests with 12 questions each relating to shapes shifting spatially. Enter your answers EXACTLY as listed below in less than 300 seconds (5 minutes). Tutorial answers do not count as part of the score. If all test answers are correct, and entered in less than 300 seconds, then both trophies will be earned. It will only let you complete Self-Test once per day but you can immediately test again by resetting the date on your PS3 or taking the test under Training > Intelligence > Intellect V1 (which will now be unlocked). The Training Mode will advise you at the end if you have all 48 answers correct whereas Self-Test does not notify of incorrect answers. - Thanks to xX_shoemaker_Xx for pointing this out.

Intelligence Test Answers:

TUTORIAL 1: 5, 2, 4

TEST 1: 3, 4, 3, 1, 3, 4, 3, 3, 5, 6, 2, 5

TUTORIAL 2: 2-4, 1-5, 3-5

TEST 2: 2-3, 2-5, 2-4, 2-3, 2-3, 2-3, 2-5, 1-3, 2-4, 3-4, 4-5, 3-5

TUTORIAL 3: 4, 6, 6

TEST 3: 2, 5, 3, 1, 3, 4, 5, 2, 5, 6, 5, 2

TUTORIAL 4: 2, 3, 1

TEST 4: 2, 1, 3, 3, 5, 2, 3, 1, 5, 4, 4, 2

Thanks to j_marv for submitting these answers!

Go to Self-Test > Nervous System:

Enter here to earn the trophy Nerves of Steel. You will start by selecting a series of buttons when you see a corresponding colored circle. Your results do not matter at this point and tutorials are mixed in here again as well. This is followed by a button tapping exercise where you must hit the :cross: button repeatedly. When you get this simply hit the :cross: button ONLY one time for each hand then let the time run out. You will have 40 seconds each for both the right and left hand for a total time of 80 seconds. When this is completed you will have Nerves of Steel.

Go to Training > Nervous System > Tapping:

Now precede to Training and under the Nervous System select the Tapping exercise. Once again you will have the two 40 second windows to tap on the :cross: button. Here you will need to start again with ONLY one tap for each hand before letting the time run out. When completed, simply restart and then tap out two taps on each hand before letting time run out. Keep restarting and increasing the taps on the :cross: button by one on each side each new round. Once you have reached where you would be doing 11 taps on each side simply try for the trophy Iron Finger by tapping out 500 taps (250 per side at a rate of 6.25 taps per second minimum). If you need more tries don't worry because you can attempt as many times as you wish. Putting the controller down and alternating using the tip of both index fingers seems to be the fastest method. After your 11 numbered tap sequence you will pop the trophy Quick Learner if you have had 10 consecutive increasingly improved performances.

Go to Training > Nervous System > Brownian:

Now go to the Brownian section under the Nervous system in the Training Mode. Here is where you will pick up the last two trophies: Kamikaze and Racer. Kamikaze is achieved easily by simply following a black ball with your red ball until your 3 seconds of invincibility have ended. You must fail in under 3.1 seconds and if done correctly is an easily done in 3.00 seconds. The last trophy in this roadmap, Racer, is achieved by staying away from the black balls with your red ball for at least 20 full seconds.

Additional Brownian Motion Strategy:

I had difficulties with the Racer trophy but the best advice is to pause the action with the :start: button. Pausing allows for you to still make out the location of the balls in the background pause screen and plan your ball movement when you restart the action. I finally achieved success without pausing but the majority of my better times were by using this "pause" method. I also found that staying in the corners and watching for approaching balls was better than darting around trying to avoid collision. You may notice that you bounce off the walls if you hit them and this can make it extremely easy to collide with another ball while moving around quickly.

Library:

There are no trophies in this section but it includes additional information and reading that covers psychology testing topics. It includes such things as definitions, theory, physiology, facts, personalia, and development strategies.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced a missing image.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophies:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/04.jpg Nerves of Steel (B)

Get your characteristic in Nervous System section

Go to Self-Test > Nervous System and complete your first Nervous System test with a series of simple button pushing exercises. Your performance does not matter to achieving this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/05.jpg Brain Maniac (B)

Get your characteristic in Intelligence section

Similar to Nerves of Steel, this only requires that you complete the initial tests under the Self-Test > Intelligence section. All correct answers are provided in the Roadmap section.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/08.jpg Nice Start (B)

Complete any test

This will be achieved by completing any test and if following the Roadmap can be easily achieved with your initial self-assessment.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/09.jpg Quick Learner (B)

Improve any test’s result 10 times in a row throughout the day (in single player Training Mode)

This can easily be done by steadily increasing your button tapping performance while in Training > Nervous System > Tapping. Simply increase your performance by one additional tap each time through the test. Note: To unlock this section you must first complete Self-Test > Nervous System. Make sure this is done in the Training Mode!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/01.jpg True Friend (S)

Describe yourself in social test so that your assessment matches your friend’s opinion

This refers to the assessment taken in the Social section and requires PSN connectivity. For this trophy you will have to know someone with this title, have a second PSN account, or use the boosting thread found here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/test-yourself-psychology/94763-self-known-boosting-thread.html. To earn this trophy, you must have someone assess you (while you assess yourself) and both achieve the EXACT same results. The trophy will pop when the PSN message is received and does NOT require that you take your assessment after your friend but simply receive the message with the same scores. This is easiest if both are answered by pushing :up: once for all 24 answers.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/03.jpg Self-known(S)

Request at least 10 assessments from your friends in social test

While in the Social menu, select 10 friends to request assessments from. Simply press :square: and send the request to 10 different friends. You MUST send the message but the message can be modified to inform recipients that it is for a trophy. You can also find others in the boosting thread: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/test-yourself-psychology/94763-self-known-boosting-thread.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/06.jpg Racer (S)

Outlast at least 20 seconds in Brownian single player game

Go to Training > Nervous System > Brownian. The key here is to avoid collision and you may try staying in corners or the middle while anticipating approaching balls. This is a challenging trophy but you can stop the action by hitting the start button at any time. If your eyes are fast enough you can see the direction the balls are heading and anticipate the best route for you when you next un-pause.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/07.jpg Solved in 300 seconds (S)

Complete the Intelligence test in 300 seconds without mistakes

This test can be done in Self-Test > Intelligence and if you use the answers provided in the Roadmap you can easily complete this in less than the 5 minute cutoff. If you make any mistakes you may need to advance the time setting on your PS3 to try again as it only lets you try the test once per day. Note: Do not worry about the initial message saying you only get one chance to take this test!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/02.jpg Psychologist (G)

Assess 10 friends in social test

Under Social, simply choose 10 different friends and complete their assessments.

Upon completing the assessments it will attempt to have you send your results to your friends on the PSN. You can cancel these messages each time and still acquire the trophy.

Secret Trophies:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/11.jpg Kamikaze (B)

Outlast for less than 3.1 seconds in Brownian single player game

Under Training > Nervous System > Brownian use your red ball and follow along on top of a black ball until your first 3 seconds of invulnerability are up. Your red ball will immediately explode at exactly 3.00 seconds and give you this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/10.jpg Iron Finger (S)

More than 500 hits in a Tapping test in one single player game

Under Training > Nervous System > Tapping you will have two 40 second windows to perform as many pushes of the :cross: button as you can. The recommended method is to use the tip of both index fingers while alternating fingers to press the button. You will need 250+ hits on each 40 second window and you can take a break in between the rounds or even pause anytime using the :start: button.

Thank you all very much for enjoying my first guide and please let me know if you have any recommended improvements or questions.

Edited by KryptoniteDragon
Trophy tiles added

Go to Self-Test > Intelligence:

Enter this mode to unlock Brain Maniac and Solved in 300 seconds. Here you will take 4 tests with 12 questions each relating to shapes shifting spatially. Enter your answers EXACTLY as listed below in less than 300 seconds (5 minutes). Tutorial answers do not have to be correct. Both trophies will pop at the end when it indicates you have 48 correct answers and 0 incorrect. It will only let you complete this test once per day but you can reset the date on your PS3 if you need to try again.

Intelligence Test Answers:

TUTORIAL 1: 5, 2, 4

TEST 1: 3, 4, 3, 1, 3, 4, 3, 3, 5, 6, 2, 5

TUTORIAL 2: 2-4, 1-5, 3-5

TEST 2: 2-3, 2-5, 2-4, 2-3, 2-3, 2-3, 2-5, 1-3, 2-4, 3-4, 4-5, 3-5

TUTORIAL 3: 4, 6, 6

TEST 3: 2, 5, 3, 1, 3, 4, 5, 2, 5, 6, 5, 2

TUTORIAL 4: 2, 3, 1

TEST 4: 2, 1, 3, 3, 5, 2, 3, 1, 5, 4, 4, 2

Thanks to j_marv for submitting these answers!

i have a few issues with this part.. first off, when i complete the test it does not say anywhere, how many i got correct or wrong. second, i have tried this six times using the answers that you gave, and i am not getting the trophy. and i know i am well under the 5 minute mark. is there a chance that the test is random, so it is not the same answers every time?

even the answers that you have listed for the tutorials are wrong for me? gonna try this again and take my time and see if i get the same answers as you..

okay, i figured it out.. you need to go to "Training>Intelligence>Intellect V1" to use the answers that you listed and complete the "Solved in 300 Seconds" trophy. hopefully this will help if anyone else has the same issue i did. thanks!

Edited by xX_shoemaker_Xx

The answers are not random and are the same each time. I did test this and received the trophy pop with the way described in the guide but I will test this again to see if it is a possible hickup. Unfortunately you will still need to unlock the section by completing the Self-Test section first anyway.

EDIT: I tested this again with a fresh account and it does pop in the Self-Test area. That is perhaps the 4th time testing it there. I did notice that it does not give you the number correct though as you indicated (as that is only in the Training section where it indicates score). Thanks for letting me know and I have made these changes to the guide.

Edited by KryptoniteDragon

Awesome roadmap KryptoniteDragon. You & Vintsukka have one of the best step by step roadmap & trophy guide in this site (IMO). :bow:

Thanks. I have been thinking about trying my hand at making a few guides. I am such a perfectionist though that I drive myself nuts trying to make it as concise and readable as possible. Anyway, this was my first and perhaps you should look forward to many more. :D

I will also be hitting up the new DLC when it comes out so let me know if I can help anyone.

Thank you for this helpful guide. :)

Another recommendation, though it is a bit tougher, for the Quick Learner trophy would be the Brownian game. Just dying as soon as you can the first time and then improving each time by a second or so.

Also this place now has the trophy tiles for Quick Learner and Solved in 300 seconds.

Here they are, respectively:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/09.jpg

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/07.jpg

Thank you for this helpful guide. :)

Another recommendation, though it is a bit tougher, for the Quick Learner trophy would be the Brownian game. Just dying as soon as you can the first time and then improving each time by a second or so.

Also this place now has the trophy tiles for Quick Learner and Solved in 300 seconds.

Here they are, respectively:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/09.jpg

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/929/07.jpg

The images were added. Thank you very much.

oh, sorry i was a little vague. i meant to outlast for 20 seconds. i keep dying at 17 seconds

No my bad, I read it quickly and thought you were having problems with one of the tests. The only thing I can suggest for staying alive for 20 seconds is to use pause and anticipate where every ball is going to go. I had some difficulty with that one myself and kept dying at 19 seconds! Often too you can get a few of the matches where a ball or two will be traveling virtually the same exact path like nearly exactly straight up and down. These are helpful because then you can focus on only 3 of the balls and not worry about the one. Keep trying and you should get it.

No my bad, I read it quickly and thought you were having problems with one of the tests. The only thing I can suggest for staying alive for 20 seconds is to use pause and anticipate where every ball is going to go. I had some difficulty with that one myself and kept dying at 19 seconds! Often too you can get a few of the matches where a ball or two will be traveling virtually the same exact path like nearly exactly straight up and down. These are helpful because then you can focus on only 3 of the balls and not worry about the one. Keep trying and you should get it.

lmao thanks for that extra tip, but u jinxed me and i died at 19.03 seconds xD. That was the same match where three of the balls were moving simultaneously, but then the forth came outta nowhere lol

lmao thanks for that extra tip, but u jinxed me and i died at 19.03 seconds xD. That was the same match where three of the balls were moving simultaneously, but then the forth came outta nowhere lol

Believe me it will happen. I don't believe in bad juju and if I can do it then I assure you that you can. I am a slow old guy and it took me some trying but I got it.

Believe me it will happen. I don't believe in bad juju and if I can do it then I assure you that you can. I am a slow old guy and it took me some trying but I got it.

ur not a slow old guy, lmao. but im a young and inexperienced kid. btw, just an off topic question, how do i sync my psn profile to this site?