Test Yourself: Psychology

Test Yourself: Psychology - Roadmap & Trophy Guide

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

Overview:

Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 2/10

Trophy Breakdown: 5(B) 5(S) 1(G)

Offline Trophies: 11

Online Trophies: None, but you will need 10 PSN friends and an online connection

Approximate time to 100%: 1-2 hours

Number of missable trophies: 0

Glitched trophies: 0

Introduction:

TestYourself is a series of interactive psychological test that combine science and fun and give you real scientific analysis of each aspect of your personality and mentality! TestYourself: Psychology, analyzes two areas of your psychological structure - Nervous System and Intellect.

Roadmap:

Step 1: When starting up the game for the first time you will be asked your gender and age.

Go to Social and and you will be asked to assess yourself, press :cross: and go through the 24 questions answering however you like. When the test is complete you will be an alert asking you to measure a friend, press :cross: to begin the assessment. continue until you have assessed 10 friends.

After completeing the 10 assessments press :circle: to stop assessing friends and you will now be on the Social assessment section. you will see all of your PSN friends along the left of the screen. Press :square: on a friend to ask them to assess you. A messege will be auto generated that you will have to spam to 10 friends.

This step will net you 3 trophies: Psychologist, Self-known and Nice Start

Step 2: Go into Self-Test then Nervous system and complete the test. Next go into Self-Test and then Intelligence and complete that test. And then into Training> Intelligence> Intelect V1, this time getting all answers correct in under 300 seconds. Look in the Trophy Guide section for the answers to the Intelligence test.

This step will net you 3 trophies: Nerves of Steel, Brain Maniac and Solved in 300 seconds

Step 3: Go into Training> Nervous System and select the two mini games Tapping and Brownian to get the next 4 trophies: Racer, Quick learner, Ironfinger and Kamikaze. Follow the trophy guide below for details on these.

Step 4: For the final trophy, True friend, you will need to have a friend who has TestYourself: Psycholoy (or you can simply swith users on your PS3 to do this yourself) Look below for more details.

Tophy Guide:

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/clarkes1990/01.jpg True Friend (S)

Describe yourself in social test so that your assessment matches your friend’s opinion

The easiest way to get this trophy is to not boost it, but to swith to another user on you PS3 that you also have on you friends list.

however it is also be easy to boost this if you do not have another user on your PS3.

Use this thread to find someone to boost with: Trophy Boosting Thread - "Self Known" (Read First Post!) - PlaystationTrophies.org

You must have a friend assess you, then assess yourself, getting the same answers as your friend gave. Both parties can simply select the above answer by pressing UP once, then :cross: for all 24 questions. Be sure to press up only once so that the answer is BLUE

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/clarkes1990/02.jpg Psychologist (G)

Assess 10 friends in social test

You must have 10 PSN friends. the Game will automatically ask you to assess friends after you do your own assessment, but it can be done at any point.

Just pick random answers to get through it quickly.

Everytime you assess a friend it will auto create a PSN messege to the friend you just assessed. You do not have to send the messege.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/clarkes1990/03.jpg Self-known(S)

Request at least 10 assessments from your friends in social test

Same as Psychologist but instead of assessing them, press :square: on their usernames to ask a friend to assess you. You have to send the auto-generated messege this time, but the 10 friends do not have to have the game.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/clarkes1990/TestYourself1.jpg Nerves of Steel (B)

Get your characteristic in Nervous System section

Go to Self Test and complete the Nervous System Test for another simple trophy

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/clarkes1990/05.jpg Brain Maniac (B)

Get your characteristic in Intelligence section

Same as Nerves of Steel but this time do the Intelligence test

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/clarkes1990/06.jpg Racer (S)

Outlast at least for 20 seconds in Brownian single player game

I found this quite difficult.

Go into Training > Nervous System > Brownian

You must survive for 20 seconds.

My method was to stay along the right-hand side and simply move up and down to avoid a collision.

be careful not to get too close to the edge though, as it will push you away.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/clarkes1990/07.jpg Solved in 300 seconds (S)

Complete the Intelligence test in 300 seconds without mistakes

Go into Training> Intelligence> Intellect V1

The Intelligence test consists of 4 mini tests, each with 12 questions. You are give 2:30 minutes for each test but to get the trophy you must complete each test with a <75 second average.

You can pause during the test if you need to

I will use the first tutorial in the test as an example.

TUTORIAL: 5, 2, 4,

TEST 1: 3, 4, 3, 1, 3, 4, 3, 3, 5, 6, 2, 5

TEST 2: 2/3, 2/5, 2/4, 2/3, 2/3, 2/3, 2/5, 1/3, 2/4, 3/4, 4/5, 3/5

TEST 3: 2, 5, 3, 1, 3, 4, 5, 2, 5, 6, 5, 2

TEST 4: 2, 1, 3, 3, 5, 2, 3, 1, 5, 4, 4, 2

Test 2 has multiple answers per question. eg. 2/3 means option 2&3 are the correct answers.

Thanks to j_marv for the answers

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/clarkes1990/08.jpg Nice Start (B)

Complete any test

This will pop at the same time as Nerves of Steel (or whichever test you decide to go for first)

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/clarkes1990/09.jpg Quick Learner (B)

Improve any test’s result 10 times in a row throughout the day (in single player Training Mode)

Go into Training> Nervous System> Tapping

You will have to do this test 11 times.

Simply score low. when the test is over hit :triangle: to restart this time add a few extra taps

After your 11th test the trophy will pop

(this can be done on any Nervous System test. Doing the Brownian test will be much quicker. Thanks to j_marv for this tip)

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/clarkes1990/10.jpg Iron Finger (S) (H)

More than 500 hits in a Tapping test in one single player game

Go into Training> Nervous System> Tapping

You have 80 seconds(40 seconds with each hand) to tap :cross: 500 times.

You can use the same hand throughout the entire test.

You will need 6.25 taps per second

if you are having trouble, set your controller down and mash on :x: i scored 656 by doing this. Thanks to adas_2008 for that tip

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/clarkes1990/11.jpg Kamikaze (B) (H)

Outlast for less than 3.1 seconds in Brownian single player game

this trophy is much easier than it sounds.

Go into Training> Nervous System> Brownian

For the first 3 seconds of the test you are immune, so you have <0.1 seconds to fail the test

Simply keep your red ball right above a black one. I finished at exactly 3.00 seconds

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied guide.

right now it will be hard for me to confirm this but what i did was to press UP on time and "X".

I did few measure tests that way and always have 52 50 58 and 50 %.

try this on me. add me to your list and measure yourself that way. i got my test made: 52 50 58 50.

let here know if it worked.

Nice to see a guide for this game. :)

Good luck with the Solved in 300 seconds trophy. I just need that and the improvement of test results (B) to have 100%.

Though from the looks of the sections available, it looks like we may be getting some DLC for this game.

Edited by SSJ4_Haruhi

Few tips for your guide:

I tried 'Quick Learner' on the odd/even game n didn't get the trophy, then did it on brownian, which worked and is a lot quicker than the tapping test.

For 'Solved in 300 Seconds' it doesn't have to be done on the daily test, it can be done in the training section.

These answers worked for me and so long as the Q+A's are in the same place they should work for everyone.

1st-> 343,134,335,625

2nd-> 23,25,24,23,23,23,25,13,24,34,45,35

3rd-> 253,134,525,652

4th-> 213,352,315,442

Note: V1 in the training section, the numbers are the answers from left to right on screen, in the 2nd round 23 means 2+3.

These will need to be confirmed but hope this helps.

For 'Solved in 300 Seconds' it doesn't have to be done on the daily test, it can be done in the training section.

These answers worked for me and so long as the Q+A's are in the same place they should work for everyone.

1st-> 343,134,335,625

2nd-> 23,25,24,23,23,23,25,13,24,34,45,35

3rd-> 253,134,525,652

4th-> 213,352,315,442

Note: V1 in the training section, the numbers are the answers from left to right on screen, in the 2nd round 23 means 2+3.

These will need to be confirmed but hope this helps.

these answers are spot on mate, thank you!:applause:

"You must have a friend assess you, then assess yourself, getting the same answers as your friend gave. Both parties can simply select the above answer by pressing UP once, then for all 24 questions. Be sure to press up only once so that the answer is BLUE"

little note in the guide for pointing this out would be highly appreciated :)

question regarding quick learner and using brownian for this:

surely it will be faster but if for example on 1st attempt i will score 5 seconds (hard to die earlier cause there is some idle time), on second attempt i will score 5,5 seconds but on the attempt 6 i will score (by accident) worst then attempt 5 will i have to do all 11 tests again? or i m allowed to improved in attempt 7 and doing this until test number 12 making it one more?

will it work?

up: 303 seconds - this worked like a charm :) thank you

Edited by adas_2008
new thought

"You must have a friend assess you, then assess yourself, getting the same answers as your friend gave. Both parties can simply select the above answer by pressing UP once, then for all 24 questions. Be sure to press up only once so that the answer is BLUE"

little note in the guide for pointing this out would be highly appreciated :)

question regarding quick learner and using brownian for this:

surely it will be faster but if for example on 1st attempt i will score 5 seconds (hard to die earlier cause there is some idle time), on second attempt i will score 5,5 seconds but on the attempt 6 i will score (by accident) worst then attempt 5 will i have to do all 11 tests again? or i m allowed to improved in attempt 7 and doing this until test number 12 making it one more?

will it work?

up: 303 seconds - this worked like a charm :) thank you

i'm not sure, but i think the tests have to be increasingly better for 10 consecutive tests and messing up will cause you to have to restart.

that is why i added this as a tip only, and used the tapping test as the main method for getting the trophy.

I wasn't great at Brownian. i wouldn't like to try 11 times, getting higher scores. i would fail :p

I'm having some trouble with the 300 second trophy. Do you need to get the training answers right too? I got 48 questions right, none wrong. I know it was under 300 seconds, because it only took about 30 or 40 seconds per test (with the answers).

all i can say is try again and get the tutorials right.

i don't think the tutorials would cause you to not get the trophy but it's worth a shot.

i will post the same thing in this trophy guide, that i did in the other trophy guide..

you need to go to "Training>Intelligence>Intellect V1" to use the answers that you listed and complete the "Solved in 300 Seconds" trophy. thanks!

yeahp, that's what it already says in the trophy description :p

edit: i do need to mention that in the roadmap tho,

thanks shoemaker

Edited by clarkes1990

The site has chosen a different guide for this game. As such, this one will be closed. Please move all guide-related discussion to the stickied guide thread.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/test-yourself-psychology/97458-test-yourself-psychology-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

Thanks