Test Yourself: Psychology

Test Yourself: Psychology - Attention DLC - Trophy Guide

http://i.imgur.com/ctfVRxx.gif

Credit to GlennThomas for the banner.

Overview:

Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 1/10

Trophy Breakdown: 2 (B) 0 (S) 0 (G) 0 (P)

Offline Trophies: 2

Online Trophies: 0

Approximate Time to Completion: Approx. 10 minutes.

Number of Missable Trophies: 0

Glitched Trophies: None

Cheat Codes: None

Introduction:

Test Yourself is a series of interactive psychological tests designed to help you with self-actualization in seven fundamental areas of your personality and mental abilities. This third pack analyzes only Attention and future DLC will include: Emotions, Will, and Creativity. The two trophies are fairly straightforward to get with no linear path being required.

Trophy Guide:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/929/15.jpg Sharpshooter (B)

Complete Matrix test in 5 minutes in single player game

Go to Self-Test => Attention => Matrix or Training => Attention => Matrix.

This is an attention test which gauges your ability to select blue or red colored numbers across three tests. The first test asks you to mark the blue numbers from 1 to 25, in order, by selecting them from a number matrix that contains both red and blue numbers. The second test has you marking the red numbers. This time the numbers will be descending, in order, from 24 to 1 in a similar matrix as before. Lastly, you will be tested on performing both number sequences simultaneously while alternating between them. You will, therefore, need to select blue 1, red 24, blue 2, red 23, etc. Blue will increase each time it is selected and red will descend one number each time.

The trophy is earned by completing all three tests in less than 5 minutes total of game time. A clock is visible in the upper right corner during each phase of the test. This clock keeps the time for that particular test only.

If you do not earn the trophy in the Self-Test section you will need to then earn it in the Training section. The Training section unlocks after the first time completing the Self-Test section but this Self-Test section lets you take the Matrix Test only once per day.

If you are having difficulty you may try writing the third test sequence color and number combinations down to reference or even have someone help you keep track of color and number.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/929/16.jpg Concentration (B)

Get your characteristic in Attention section

Go to Self-Test => Attention => Complete 2 Tests.

This trophy is earned by simply completing the Attention section under the Self-Test mode. There are two tests here titled Correcting Probe and Matrix. The trophy unlocks when these 2 tests are completed and you receive your characteristic results. The results or performance do not matter to receiving the trophy and these 2 tests need ONLY be completed.

Edited by Terminator
Guide revisions by Terminator, 31/08/2017.

KD a guide for only two trophies come on...nah just kidding. Great guide, as it let me know what to expect. I was able to get both the first time. That last matrix made me think, but made it in time.

Someone has to do it. I bet it is making up for some others too so it all balances out. I did expect that some of these tests would get to be harder as this went on but these trophies are quite simple and can be earned in 5 or 10 minutes. Interesting about the test results... I did play the hell out of it and beat it super quick and got the same results as just barely passing it so I don't know what they are trying to pull. Perhaps the rating is the same for everyone every time and they didn't know what to do for this one? :think:

Another great guide KD. I found that the sharpshooter trophy is kind of difficult, but luckily my wife & my brothers help me out during the last set. My time was 7 minutes, so I guess I have to try again.

Thanks, keep at it you'll get it. I bet if someone wrote down the sequence and just called it out to you then it would be fast enough. Also, try that d-pad if it works for you because sometimes you can have better control than the sticks.

Edited by KryptoniteDragon

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...