I fear this game will have borked handling...

This game will run on an updated version of the Shift 2 engine. Never got to play it but I own Shift 1 and the physics in that game are absolutely awful, and I hear the same complaints about the sequel (Heck, I've heard people saying Shift 2 is worse than the first game).

Considering it's the same company developing Ferrari Legends and the same engine being used, I see no reason for this game to not have the same handling problems than the previous games.

I hope I am wrong, but the future looks grim...

This game will run on an updated version of the Shift 2 engine. Never got to play it but I own Shift 1 and the physics in that game are absolutely awful, and I hear the same complaints about the sequel (Heck, I've heard people saying Shift 2 is worse than the first game).

Considering it's the same company developing Ferrari Legends and the same engine being used, I see no reason for this game to not have the same handling problems than the previous games.

I hope I am wrong, but the future looks grim...

It is. Or, it was. I sold Shift 2 before it was patched, and some claim it is better now. And even though it was free for PS+ I still haven't played it again, I had some really horrid experiences with that game.

So yeah, I'm very, very skeptical on the handling for this game. Yet I will play it eventually purely for the old school F1 cars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got this game yesterday and I tried it with my G25. The first race was somehow easy but the next one took me an hour to get a good lap time. Do you know why it took that much? Because this game has a ~800-1000ms input lag. Yes it is even worse than Shift 2. I tried doing other event with different Ferrari models but it is all the same. You tilt the steering wheel to the desired direction and the feedback cuts off as if you are trying to drift and it feels as if you are powersliding a 4WD car but you are driving a RWD car.

The game has a good collection of cars and tracks .. although some Ferrari models have the same exact sound.

At first I found the game challenging because of the stupid delay and handling .. I might give it another try today.

The trophies on this game are very simple. Finish this event .. finish that event and so on .. oh there are over 250 events btw :eek:

Today the game gave me a different expression. As mentioned on the link above .. yes they are all challenges .. some easy, some doable, some are just extremely hard.

I will call this game Dark Souls Racing Version. It's frustrating and challenging but you cannot give up ... unless you can't take it anymore :D

I got a chance to drive Ferrari F333 SP in a 10 lap race .. guess what? On the seventh lap I realized the car started to slide even more during corners but I continued to drive like a mad unless I lost control once and more and more ... I believe this is what you call TIRE WEAR!!! :dance:

Now I have to do it again. There is no way I'm gonna give up ;) This reminds me of GT4P

Well there are a total of 864 points you can get. Right now I only have 51 and it says "49 points to next rank"

So to move from Rookie to Amateur you need 100 points. But I don't know how much you need for the next rank but if all of them require 100 then you need a total of 600 points so maybe not.

This is so hard hahahaha

You mention that the career is all challenges. Is there any way to set up a custom race or to do a race from the start and pick your own track/car combo? Or are you the victim to whatever the career challenges are?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBTTfw_NdBU]Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends - XBox 360 - Inside Sim Racing Preview - YouTube[/ame]

At 5:33 you can see a "quick race" option. I'm guessing you need to unlock the cars & tracks in campaign mode, though.

At 5:33 you can see a "quick race" option. I'm guessing you need to unlock the cars & tracks in campaign mode, though.

Yes, there is a quick race option, never played on it btw. But I know there are some challenges on career that have "rewards" that can be tracks or cars to be used on quick race and the other modes.

I just got this game yesterday and I tried it with my G25. The first race was somehow easy but the next one took me an hour to get a good lap time. Do you know why it took that much? Because this game has a ~800-1000ms input lag. Yes it is even worse than Shift 2. I tried doing other event with different Ferrari models but it is all the same.

So, is this compatible with Logitec steering wheels? Doesn't say it on the box or in game. Playing on 'easy,' this seems very forgiving, so far.....

I would say its exactly, or 90% like shift 2 unleashed... On my g27 its exactly the same game for me, except for playing only with ferraris.

thanks mate, i played Shift 2 with a ds3 and never had any problems with it so if it plays the same that's ok with me, i'm looking forward to racing on those old Silverstone tracks when i get the game :)

This feels more as a drift game, and an offroad rally, than a realistic game. Its okay when i started, but the furder in the game, the more crap it become. Another easy money rape game

Like I said, its almost exactly as shift 2. If you play on onboard camera or the roof camera it will look like an normal racing game. If u play with the back of the car camera, it will look weird to play...

Yeah i didnt play shift 2, guess i never will lol. Are there any setting to make the game better to control?

The game makes you go offtrack al the damn time, and then the guy says, "the idea is to stay on the black stuff" Could they not better spend time to make a good game, instead of trying to be funny, while there game is totally shit.

And i thought the dreamcar for every man is a Ferrari? Well try this realistic game, and you'll never dream about it anymore :)

Edited by LANGEFLAP-NL

Yeah i didnt play shift 2, guess i never will lol. Are there any setting to make the game better to control?

The game makes you go offtrack al the damn time, and then the guy says, "the idea is to stay on the black stuff" Could they not better spend time to make a good game, instead of trying to be funny, while there game is totally shit.

And i thought the dreamcar for every man is a Ferrari? Well try this realistic game, and you'll never dream about it anymore :)

Are you playing on wheel or ds3? I dont know why you are saying the game is totally shit just because you cant play it. It took about 30min for me to get the right setting and understand the game. This game is a lot better than the other two ferrari. Graphics could be better, ok, btw for me its exactly like shift 2, lol.

I thought this game so fun and cant wait to reach 430 event. :D

And a game will never make me changes what I think about a car. Especially, Ferrari.

I changed my mind after the first 4 missions. They where awesome and easy, i told my friend he should play it. In mission 5, nothing makes sense anymore. Cramping arm which makes you not able to switch gears, but still can steer like crazy? come on.

Thats why i moved over to modern missions, which are even more crap to handle the cars, while those cars have to be better.

I play with dualshock3. maybe thats why its crap lol. I found the Race Experience better, but thats just me i think

I changed my mind after the first 4 missions. They where awesome and easy, i told my friend he should play it. In mission 5, nothing makes sense anymore. Cramping arm which makes you not able to switch gears, but still can steer like crazy? come on.

Thats why i moved over to modern missions, which are even more crap to handle the cars, while those cars have to be better.

I play with dualshock3. maybe thats why its crap lol. I found the Race Experience better, but thats just me i think

Well, I wasnt good at beginning (maybe im still not), but i didnt give up and started saying the game was shit. Its not because you dont have a wheel and because you cant get used to the handle of the cars that it means the game sucks. You should read some reviews before buying this game then. Of course, if I try to compare this game to GT5, it will look like sh*t. lol But it is a good and a fun game indeed.