Knowledge sharing

Foofles

Since I'm not good enough at the game or experienced enough with this site to start a guide thread I figured maybe we could exchange tidbits we've learned about the game until someone experienced and willing enough comes along to write an actual guide. Just general facts and tips you've picked up on in your time with the game that might help other players out in either collecting trophies or just plain playing better.

Some things I've learned are:

• You can jump mid air and even multiple times in the air (restricted only by a short cool down period). This can be used for some more advanced maneuvering, and the light TR-2 chassis can pull off some long jumps that almost seem like flying if done right. I haven't unlocked the ultra-light TR-6 yet, but I would assume the effect is even more drastic.

• Some levels are a lot harder for certain weight classes. Somewhere in Acor and Volcanus are levels with T-shaped pendulums that I absolutely could not get past with the TR-2. The same chassis also generally has more issues with the rocky stair type obstacles that are found across many levels.

• TR-4 appears to be the chassis that you'll get the most use out of as it seems to be the exact same thing as the well rounded starting chassis, but with a magnet.

• The TR-2 can be helpful with collecting things due to its jumps, but is never required to unlock something since the TR-3's gun can not only do everything the TR-2's gun can do, but more. I would say to refrain from buying it unless you're having a ton of problems collecting something that might be easier to get with the extra jumping ability.

Some Space Detail locations:

• Mechanica 3: Right at the start of the level, advertised by an info box pointing it out as introduction to the collectibles. Can be got by driving into the lowered lift and using any gun to knock out the glass above the two nuts on the raised lift, which then falls into the lift and lowers it, thus raising you up to collect the Space Detail.

• Mechanica 5: Eventually you'll come to a platform with a big red button on the bottom of it and a weight nearby in the ceiling. Use any gun to break the glass under the weight and then push it onto the platform to activate it, allowing access to the bolts underneath. Go right into the wall to find a passage with some nuts and bolts and the Space Detail.

• Mechanica 6: Requires TR-6. Ride the metallic conveyor down until you're below the area that leads to the rest of the level. On the wall there will be a circuit that looks vaguely like a bird which hides a hidden passageway with another passage on its right wall. Inside is the Space Detail protected by a glass barrier to shoot down.

• Congelata 2: Stick to the upper path. When you see junk on the ceiling (which I assume is for the grappling hook, but whoops haven't unlocked that yet) there's a slightly tricky jump that can either be handled with a well timed mid-air jump from TR-1 or TR-4, or leapt over by TR-2's longer jumps. After a ski-lift type segment is a section with falling icicles. I'd normally skip giving tips for regular level obstacles, but since this section is entirely optional I might as well offer some advice; Very slowly move forward until the first four icicles have dropped, then just floor it to the end, where a checkpoint rests and the Space Detail is very close by. Proceed forward down the hill, pressing Triangle before hitting the right slope to flip and land, all while keeping the acceleration held down. Make sure to jump before the cliff for some extra distance. When nearing the top of the slope where the Space Detail is, jump again for one last boost to hopefully reach it (or if you're using a light chassis just keep jumping mid air after leaving the cliff). Remember to hold circle to respawn if you miss.

• Acor 1: At the start of the level head backwards. There will be a small cliff that requires you to have your front end tilted up a bit to get over, so using a weapon to feel around for the passage is a good idea (I would recommend using TR-4 here). After you've done this there will be a few items and then a rock staircase to climb. At the top of that is... another hidden passage, and then another staircase, and so on. After a while these become tricky to climb, which is why I recommend the TR-4, it's well rounded enough to go up these more easily than chassis in other weight classes and has the magnet to still feel around for passages with (and in some cases, to yank you out of stalling on the rock stairs). Even with the TR-4 the stairs can be difficult to climb, so make sure to keep a solid amount of pressure on the accelerator, and don't just floor it otherwise you wont be able to get any grip on the stairs. After a few sections of these you'll find your Space Detail. There is one last set of stairs, but it has nothing of value and can be avoided.

• Aura 1: Requires TR-6. Head down into the ball pit at the start of the level and to the right into the wall at the bottom of the pit to find a hidden passage. Inside is a metal ceiling and a button. After pressing the button head out and to the left through the door beside the ball pit and then up the stairs. The button you pressed earlier unlocked a hidden passage on the second stair that leads to a room with a floor to break that allows access to a metal ceiling which can be grabbed onto to reach the Space Detail.

• Aura 2: After the ball section at the beginning of the level, head left through two hidden passage ways.

• Volcanus 2: At the ferris wheel contraption at the beginning of the level there are two hidden alcoves on the right wall marked by orange bubbly bits, the lower one housing some nuts and is marked by two bubblies, and the top one housing the Space Detail and is marked by just one bubbly. It's worth nothing that the placement of these alcoves are similar to the placement of the hidden nut and bolt alcoves on the ferris wheel in Mechanica 7.

• Volcanus 6: After the second lift down, jump over the boulders and into the first hole that the boulders would have filled if you had pushed them instead.

If anyone wants video help for these (despite them being some of the easiest to find) I'd be happy to upload some.

Trophies:

Space Equilibrist: "Get over the pit in Aura 1 without dropping any dominoes"

The Dominoes the text refers to are the three vertical platforms that fall over when you bump into them that are located about 3/4 of the way through the level. These have a metal ceiling above them for TR-4 to use. Aim for the rightmost edge of the metal and slowly reel yourself up with the right stick as to not accidentally knock over the platforms. Once all the way reeled in, hold the right stick up and slightly to the left (so like where 10 or 11 would be on a clock) and quickly hit R1 twice to detach and reattach yourself with the ceiling. Keep doing this to make your way across the pit, once you're past it the trophy will unlock.

Safety Is For Suckers: "Make it to the finish line in Mechanica 3 without using the defense wheel"

This one is pretty straight forward. Any of the first four chassis can do this, but TR-2 has the extra jumps to make it a tad easier.

This post and below it have a few videos for these and the remaining hidden trophies

And that is all I have to share. Perhaps with enough input we'll have the stuff required to put together a guide =w=

Edited by Foofles
Found Aura 1 space egg

• 5 months later...

I did try writing a guide for Terrover but as I’m still missing lawn-mower (got the 15 sec in the air trophy today) I can’t post it until I get that trophy.

The tips I’d add are:

-There are Youtube videos for most of the hidden collectables if you’re stuck. You can also find video demonstrations for a lot of the trophies.

-Learn how to cart wheeling, it’s an essential skill for speed running and avoiding some hazards.

-some of the steeper and uneven hills require precision management of the throttle and analogue stick to pass.

This game could really do with a guide as it’s very challenging and requires a lot of patience :2walls:.

• 3 years later...