What's the purpose of this game?

railroberto

I bought it and played about 30 minutes. I couldnt figure out what i was supposed to be doing or what there was to do. I also didnt find it very enjoyable but i did pay 20 bucks for it and i got a big goose egg on my trophy list. What am i supposed to do in this gams and does it get better?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The game sucks when you start off with nothing.

Get someone to give you decent tools to mine with and fight and you'll enjoy it better.

After enough time you craft and get the right materials to go after things you want, and set your own goals.

There's mini bosses around, you just need the items to summon them.

Just think of it as exploring a vast unknown world and then it may all start coming together...

So make a shelter, get some supplies and just go exploring.

By the way there really isn't any story either or main objectives. You may or not come up with these yourself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I loved Minecraft. I bought it for the PS3 and then again for the PS4. Sunk probably close to 300 hours into it between the two. Terraria just sucks. Controls are awful, aiming is so inaccurate, the tutorial world glitched on me within 10 minutes of playing, inventory and the HUD is poorly laid out. The whole experience that I played was just terrariable.

I loved Minecraft. I bought it for the PS3 and then again for the PS4. Sunk probably close to 300 hours into it between the two. Terraria just sucks. Controls are awful, aiming is so inaccurate, the tutorial world glitched on me within 10 minutes of playing, inventory and the HUD is poorly laid out. The whole experience that I played was just terrariable.

Oof that's harsh... nice word play at the end though! It feels like Terraria was meant to be played on the PC, I've sunk 300+ hours into it on Steam. I agree the controls are pretty bad on the consoles. Trust me, it is way better on the PC; the PC is more updated, I believe. Same goes for Minecraft. These sandbox games just play better with a mouse and keyboard. :D

• 1 year later...

I am very confused by this thread. What is the purpose of the game??? I'm confused as to why you didn't research it before you threw $20 at it. I'm not hurting for money in any way but I wouldn't just throw $20 at a game I had no clue what it was about. It is in the sandbox genre, think of it as a 2D Minecraft, but with bosses. I have played both for MANY MANY MANY hours and honestly I prefer Terraria over Minecraft. Mainly for the reason that it has bosses and better things to strive for and do.

I will admit the controls on the PS4 for Terraria takes a while to get used to. I have put all my time in on PC but just now bought it on PS4. It is tricky and after coming from the PC you can see the gameplay is going to be slower.

Bottomline...

PC Version > Console Version

Terraria > Minecraft

Do some research before you buy a game haha, that will save you from wasting money lol.

Controls are awful, aiming is so inaccurate, the tutorial world glitched on me within 10 minutes of playing, inventory and the HUD is poorly laid out.

This^

I played the demo for Terraria a few days ago and just couldn't get on with it, mainly for the reasons you've listed but also because everything is so zoomed out that I had a hard time seeing what I was doing :(. I'm not a fan of this or Minecraft but find Minecraft easier to play, since it's in a First Person perspective.

This^

I played the demo for Terraria a few days ago and just couldn't get on with it, mainly for the reasons you've listed but also because everything is so zoomed out that I had a hard time seeing what I was doing :(. I'm not a fan of this or Minecraft but find Minecraft easier to play, since it's in a First Person perspective.

All you have to do is zoom in lol. Pinch the touch pad on your controller (just like you zoom in on an iPad). It actually can zoom in too far haha.

As I said the controls can be awkward to learn but I'm already comfortable with it. It still isn't as easy as it is on the PC but that is expected. Still extremely fun and everyone has their own opinions, mine is I enjoy Terraria much better.

It's funny, I was playing Minecraft getting the DLC trophies just a couple weeks ago and the entire time it just made me want to play Terraria so I went out and bought for the PS4 lol

All you have to do is zoom in lol. Pinch the touch pad on your controller (just like you zoom in on an iPad). It actually can zoom in too far haha.

As I said the controls can be awkward to learn but I'm already comfortable with it. It still isn't as easy as it is on the PC but that is expected. Still extremely fun and everyone has their own opinions, mine is I enjoy Terraria much better.

It's funny, I was playing Minecraft getting the DLC trophies just a couple weeks ago and the entire time it just made me want to play Terraria so I went out and bought for the PS4 lol

Seriously?! I looked all over for a solution to that problem and couldn't find anything :wall:. I hate it when games fail to explain such basic concepts, then expect you to spend hours figuring it out for yourself :mad:.