Skeletron Prime bug?

pmm_fin

I've tried killing him few times but to no success. I have Terra Sword, Paladin's Hammer and Turtle armor but I cannot stay alive throught the whole fight and cannot find him after I've died even though I try to fight as close to the spawn point as possible.

I also tried the trick I saw mentioned somewhere that I summon him right before the break of the day and use Turtle armors damage reflect to kill him by letting him roll onto me. Well, insta death me, not him. And yes, he disappared then too.

Is there a special place I should fight him or where he goes when I die?

edit: Nevermind, got it eventually. Stockpiled with potions, stuck mainly to ranged attacks and get evading like hell with the broken Red's Wings ;) Don't have a clue how this was supposed to be beaten single handedly without dying once without the end game (and experimental) items...

Edited by pmm_fin

I've tried killing him few times but to no success. I have Terra Sword, Paladin's Hammer and Turtle armor but I cannot stay alive throught the whole fight and cannot find him after I've died even though I try to fight as close to the spawn point as possible.

I also tried the trick I saw mentioned somewhere that I summon him right before the break of the day and use Turtle armors damage reflect to kill him by letting him roll onto me. Well, insta death me, not him. And yes, he disappared then too.

Is there a special place I should fight him or where he goes when I die?

edit: Nevermind, got it eventually. Stockpiled with potions, stuck mainly to ranged attacks and get evading like hell with the broken Red's Wings ;) Don't have a clue how this was supposed to be beaten single handedly without dying once without the end game (and experimental) items...

It's not actually too hard if you use potions and campfire + heart lanterns. Can use weapons like the Mushroom Spear or the Megashark to kill him. He's a lot easier than the Twins.

All the bosses should disappear once all the players die. Twins not leaving is a bug.

I don't think either is a bug.

Maybe Skeleton Prime retreast as soon as you die, but the twins hang around for a few secs after you die, hence if your fighting them at the spawn point, your simply respawning before the twins retreat!

This has always been the case since the game was released, another reason could be that skeletron prime retreats quicker as he hovers above so has less distance to escape, whereas the twins are lower plus there are two enemies so makes it a bit more likely that they will still be in your proximity when you respawn.

Edited by optimusmart

• 3 weeks later...