Faster way to create corrupt/hallowed worlds

optimusmart

Hey peeps,

--The trophy guide tells you to ADD blocks but that IS not the best way.--

Because essentially what happens when you add to the world is you increase the block percentage. So just to break this meaning down, lets just say you have a small world with 10000 blocks, that means 5000 blocks must be corrupt/hallowed to get trophy. But if you ADD to the world say 500 blocks making in total 10500, then you must make 5250 blocks corrupt/hallowed.

So basically just like the time you waste duping blocks, your creating more wasted time by adding blocks.

I have done these worlds myself so I will explain what I did.

I did start doing the known technique but realised a better method.

To SPREAD the corrupt/hallowed, jus leave your console on over a few nights when your asleep - easy. That should total about 37%.

And then instead of 'adding' blocks, you should 'destroy' blocks.

Best way to do this is to do the chest duping glitch to get cash, empty out your inventory slots except for a weapon and mirror and then fill them up with dynamite. From the center of the map destroy all the surface dirt all the way down to the infected blocks and then move along to the next space, repeat, refill, repeat. After destroying about 3/4 of the surface dirt, you should have 50%.

Doing this increases a % every 10-15 mins, and does increase quicker as you go along as you are destroying the worlds block percentage.

Few things to bear in mind tho

- Do NOT destroy any of the relevant infected blocks as this will obviously decrease your percentage.

- Only destroy the surface dirt as these blocks are compact and you will destroy more at once (unlike jungle where the blocks have big gaps between).

- You only need to have 50%, not 51% like some people believe.

- The hallowed will take slightly longer.

- Do not bother with the floating islands, waste of time.

I think that's it!

If your very impatient, or anybody else then send me a msg via PSN and I can invite you to my worlds. Wish I had joined someone's world haha.

Glad to help

Yep this is the quickest method. I've been saying this from day one that destroying is quicker than adding but no one listens. Funny though, most people saying adding is quicker didn't even make worlds themselves and just joined other peoples worlds without even trying.

It can also be done completely solo without another person needed to dupe items.

• 3 weeks later...

I may just give this a go. I done the adding way for both corrupt and hallow on the xbox 360 edition and it was painful as hell, the last 12% took about as long as it did spreading the underground. I was just gonna find someone who has the worlds so I didn't have to do that again but now I may just blast away.

Also would destroying the jungle and/or dungeon help in anyway? I have heard mixed reports about them much like the floating islands, hard to tell which is which

I may just give this a go. I done the adding way for both corrupt and hallow on the xbox 360 edition and it was painful as hell, the last 12% took about as long as it did spreading the underground. I was just gonna find someone who has the worlds so I didn't have to do that again but now I may just blast away.

Also would destroying the jungle and/or dungeon help in anyway? I have heard mixed reports about them much like the floating islands, hard to tell which is which

Dynamite doesn't blow up dungeon brick unfortunately, and there was a bug that was only fixed with the recent patch where it wasn't mineable as well. Manually mining it out isn't worth the time needed to make a huge dent in the %.

The jungle's land mass is too spread out naturally to really make a difference beyond the surface jungle. Just blow up the top layer of it, as you should be doing this anyway ocean to ocean to remove the top layer of dirt, which is what your aiming for to up your %.

Don't think of it a removing land vertically, your main focus is removing it horizontally. Just blow up the entire first layer of land ocean to ocean, aside from desert which has sand that converts easily.

This will become slightly easier in a couple months when 1.2 is released. The new Steampunker NPC sells an item called the Clentaminator.

It basically is the flame-thrower, but instead of shooting fire as a weapon it spreads whatever solution (ammo) you are using and converts the land into that biome. So if you want to spread hollow or corruption/crimson you equip that corresponding solution and spray it all over.

Although making your entire world hallow/corrupted isn't a problem now, it's once you reach that plateau around 36-40% when it gets annoying and have to start removing blocks. So the Clentaminator will spread the biomes quicker but you may still be stuck removing land.

I originally started doing the added strategy for my corrupt world but I peaked at 35%. I started my Hallow world and left it overnight, and started subtracting from the world and I'm already on par with my Corrupt world in a quarter of the time.

Still am eager for the 1.2 update.

EDIT

Found a video of the gun in question. This will REALLY speed up the process

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTrurKuZNw]Terraria 1.2: Episode 20 - Cleansing The World With Clentaminator - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Vaco Deus

Hey, munch magic

What you asked in your post, I explained in my original post.

So i'm not quite sure why your asking, couldn't you understand my post?

I said just do the surface dirt, and gave reasons for.

I said why not to do the jungle and the floating islands.

I didn't mention the dungeon so obviously that's not involved.

Jus read the post again.

Or just add me and i'll invite you to my worlds.

Peace up, A town

• 1 month later...
Hey peeps,

--The trophy guide tells you to ADD blocks but that IS not the best way.--

Because essentially what happens when you add to the world is you increase the block percentage. So just to break this meaning down, lets just say you have a small world with 10000 blocks, that means 5000 blocks must be corrupt/hallowed to get trophy. But if you ADD to the world say 500 blocks making in total 10500, then you must make 5250 blocks corrupt/hallowed.

So basically just like the time you waste duping blocks, your creating more wasted time by adding blocks.

Let's say you have x blocks of the needed type, y of all others. Now let's count:

If you add z blocks:

x + z = (x + y + z)/2

z = y - x

If you remove z blocks:

x = (x + y - z)/2

z = y - x

^ exactly the same number.

That means that it does not matter what are you doing - you'll have to do it with the same number of blocks. And that means that speed of adding/removing blocks matters.

Adding blocks is quite fast process (6.25 blocks per second) that requires minimum attention (just hold R, and keep eye for wyverns). With latest update stacks of sand now have the size of 999 (like in 1.2).

Inventory size is 40 + 20 (safe).

1000 * 60 = 60000 blocks

60000 / 6.25 = 9600 seconds (or 160 minutes)

Let's say it takes 1 minute for reload: 60000/9660 = 6.21 b/s

On the other hand blowing stuff up requires way more attention (actually playing the game) and the stack size of dynamite is very very low (still 5 instead of 30 in 1.2). One blow destroys about 30 blocks.

5 * 30 * 60 = 9000 blocks in one go.

Let's say that it takes 10 seconds for placing 5 dynamites and switching to the next stack. 10 * 60 = 600 seconds for one go.

9000 / 660 = 13.63 b/s

About twice as fast. So my conclusion:

- if you can do something while playing (like watching tv) - add sand

- if you want do it faster (however just twice faster) - blow up stuff with dynamite

• 2 weeks later...
Let's say you have x blocks of the needed type, y of all others. Now let's count:

If you add z blocks:

x + z = (x + y + z)/2

z = y - x

If you remove z blocks:

x = (x + y - z)/2

z = y - x

That means that it does not matter what are you doing - you'll have to do it with the same number of blocks. And that means that speed of adding/removing blocks matters.

Adding blocks is quite fast process (6.25 blocks per second) that requires minimum attention (just hold R, and keep eye for wyverns). With latest update stacks of sand now have the size of 999 (like in 1.2).

Inventory size is 40 + 20 (safe).

1000 * 60 = 60000 blocks

60000 / 6.25 = 9600 seconds (or 160 minutes)

Let's say it takes 1 minute for reload: 60000/9660 = 6.21 b/s

On the other hand blowing stuff up requires way more attention (actually playing the game) and the stack size of dynamite is very very low (still 5 instead of 30 in 1.2). One blow destroys about 30 blocks.

5 * 30 * 60 = 9000 blocks in one go.

Let's say that it takes 10 seconds for placing 5 dynamites and switching to the next stack. 10 * 60 = 600 seconds for one go.

9000 / 660 = 13.63 b/s

About twice as fast. So my conclusion:

- if you can do something while playing (like watching tv) - add sand

- if you want do it faster (however just twice faster) - blow up stuff with dynamite

Pal, what the hell lol!

U have far too much time on your hands!

I'd already stated it was faster, and you post all this irrelevant info just to end with the same conclusion. You couldn't help yourself could you lol.

Watching for Wyverns is still playing. So how are you going to move to the next space to fill if your not watching the screen (or can you shoot the sand from the sandgun out of the screen?), or escape a goblin invasion or a blood moon? Hmmmm one wanders. Plus you need a friend to dupe.

How can you have full inventory of the said items when you need some essential items in there, sword, grappling hook etc. Your equations are all added correctly but are actually incorrect as the amounts are not realistic to what you would have in the game.

Also, if they patch the duplication exploit like on PC, most of everything you

have posted and stated on the trophy guide is basically.......useless.

And your equation however right, doesn't make sense in this case.

You stated:

If you add z blocks:

x + z = (x + y + z)/2

z = y - x

If you remove z blocks:

x = (x + y - z)/2

z = y - x

In the second equation there is no Z term, your decreasing the Y amount in the actual game, your equation just doesn't make sense compared to the actual mechanics utilised in the game. If you actually think how the game works, adding blocks will increase the blocks percentage signifying more and more blocks will need to be added to increase a corrupt/hallowed percentage, and removing blocks will do the opposite! I'm sure you could work out an actual equation which best reflects the game, but the one you have posted is false.

I'd just like to know if you have a corrupt and hallowed world yourself?

I think you should make both worlds both ways, and then your opinion will be extremely valued.

No offense intended in any of this pal please don't hurt me,

I have a soft heart

Watching for Wyverns is still playing. So how are you going to move to the next space to fill if your not watching the screen (or can you shoot the sand from the sandgun out of the screen?), or escape a goblin invasion or a blood moon?
I was watching some anime while doing this, I paused only when Wyverns were attacking.

Goblins don't spawn that high, blood moon doesn't realy change anything (more Harpies? With best armor their damage is 1), maybe a bit more Wyverns spawn (they usually spawn at morning, not during night).

Sandgun is slower than placing blocks (4 vs 6.25), so it's useless.

How can you have full inventory of the said items when you need some essential items in there, sword, grappling hook etc. Your equations are all added correctly but are actually incorrect as the amounts are not realistic to what you would have in the game.
sword, hamdrax, hook, health and ironskin potions, mirror, safe - 7 items, they doesn't really change anything (if you want you can recalculate with this numbers).

I used such numbers just to show that if you're using dynomite you'll have to reload much, much more often and reloading takes a bit of time.

Also, if they patch the duplication exploit like on PC, most of everything you have posted and stated on the trophy guide is basically.......useless.
They don't care, instead of fixing they added seprate cloud sync which makes duping jokingly easy. Just fill your inventory, upload your character to the cloud, and download him each time your inventory is empty. What can be easier?

In the second equation there is no Z term, your decreasing the Y amount in the actual game, your equation just doesn't make sense compared to the actual mechanics utilised in the game. If you actually think how the game works, adding blocks will increase the blocks percentage signifying more and more blocks will need to be added to increase a corrupt/hallowed percentage, and removing blocks will do the opposite!
It's right and you just can't do math. Read what I've wrote again, think again. Repeat till enlightenment.

I'd just like to know if you have a corrupt and hallowed world yourself?

I think you should make both worlds both ways, and then your opinion will be extremely valued.

I've done hallowed world, and I was doing it both ways.

Actually I comletely overestimated destruction speed. It is at least twice slower.

So, in the end both methods are equally fast.

I was watching some anime while doing this, I paused only when Wyverns were attacking.

Goblins don't spawn that high, blood moon doesn't realy change anything (more Harpies? With best armor their damage is 1), maybe a bit more Wyverns spawn (they usually spawn at morning, not during night).

Sandgun is slower than placing blocks (4 vs 6.25), so it's useless.

sword, hamdrax, hook, health and ironskin potions, mirror, safe - 7 items, they doesn't really change anything (if you want you can recalculate with this numbers).

I used such numbers just to show that if you're using dynomite you'll have to reload much, much more often and reloading takes a bit of time.

They don't care, instead of fixing they added seprate cloud sync which makes duping jokingly easy. Just fill your inventory, upload your character to the cloud, and download him each time your inventory is empty. What can be easier?

It's right and you just can't do math. Read what I've wrote again, think again. Repeat till enlightenment.

I've done hallowed world, and I was doing it both ways.

Actually I comletely overestimated destruction speed. It is at least twice slower.

So, in the end both methods are equally fast.

Pal, watching 2 screens is playing. Not using the sandgun then will make you need to watch even more bcuz if your placing blocks you will need to keep moving once that relevant column is full.

You've worked me out, I can't do maths, dammit! However, there is still no Z term because we are decreasing the Y term when we destroy blocks, that is not maths, its physics. Please correct me again!

Pal, that's not what I meant and that way has too many flaws to give an accurate view. Make both worlds solo using 1 strategy, then make both worlds again using the other strategy. How can you be exactly sure what affected the percentages in your hallowed world if you alternated between strategies? Yeah maybe a certain strategy seemed to increase the percentage quicker but there is no way to know for certain if it was that method or the method you used just before that affected it. Too many inconsistencies.

So you haven't even made both worlds lol, why are you even posting about this.

A lot off people claim to know everything about something until they actually try it for them themselves and realise that its completely different to what they initially thought.

Love you too

Oh, and I didn't know that new duping method. That's very nice of them lol

Edited by PainOfDemise
Please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Pal, watching 2 screens is playing.
Call it what you want, but I can't do the same thing I did while blowing up stuff.

Not using the sandgun then will make you need to watch even more bcuz if your placing blocks you will need to keep moving once that relevant column is full.
I glanced the screen each 10 seconds I think. It's not that bad as it sounds. Well, at least if you have laptop near you.

However, there is still no Z term because we are decreasing the Y term when we destroy blocks, that is not maths, its physics. Please correct me again!
We are decreasing Y (number of non-convertible blocks) by Z. There was Y blocks, now there's Y-Z blocks.

Pal, that's not what I meant and that way has too many flaws to give an accurate view. Make both worlds solo using 1 strategy, then make both worlds again using the other strategy.
spend 60 more hours just for this? Nope, I'd better finish off BlazBlue, Don't Starve and Resogun :p

How can you be exactly sure what affected the percentages in your hallowed world if you alternated between strategies?
That's simple. For adding blocks: each stack is 999. Time you finished minus time you started divided by number of stacks you used * 999 = speed in b/s. It was very close to my first assumption.

With removing blocks it's a bit harder and less accurate. When I was testing (it was after I wrote that post with assumptions) I simply collected all the material after each blow. Then I did another run, to measure time. I ended up with something like 7-8 blocks per second...

Call it what you want, but I can't do the same thing I did while blowing up stuff.

I glanced the screen each 10 seconds I think. It's not that bad as it sounds. Well, at least if you have laptop near you.

We are decreasing Y (number of non-convertible blocks) by Z. There was Y blocks, now there's Y-Z blocks.

spend 60 more hours just for this? Nope, I'd better finish off BlazBlue, Don't Starve and Resogun :p

That's simple. For adding blocks: each stack is 999. Time you finished minus time you started divided by number of stacks you used * 999 = speed in b/s. It was very close to my first assumption.

With removing blocks it's a bit harder and less accurate. When I was testing (it was after I wrote that post with assumptions) I simply collected all the material after each blow. Then I did another run, to measure time. I ended up with something like 7-8 blocks per second...

Pal, I never said you couldn't watch another screen, i'm just staying you still have to watch. Glancing every 10 secs is watching, completely turning away from the screen for a long amount of time or changing channel, moving into another room etc is not watching.

So your watching anime for 10 secs, then watching terraria for a few secs, actually, by your views, your watching nothing. Look up watching in the dictionary please.

Like I said, your equation is right on paper, but when applied to the game it wont work. If you have no evidence to back up your calculations and are not willing to find out, then stop criticizing posts when users are just trying to help the community.

Depending on what method you use, the blocks percentage will either increase or decrease. Your equation is unuseable as the trophy works on percentage. Its not as simple as your equation dictates, if I remove some Y (or Z) blocks and because it works on percentage, X will automatically increase and Y will decrease but at a slower pace than X. If I add more X (or Z) blocks, Y will decrease and X will increase but at a slower pace than Y because off the percentages. Its hard to get your head around but it does make sense.

Enough with your equations. When most people have predictions, they check them thoroughly to make sure there accurate, but you don't.

You must have a special talent.

I've done both worlds Solo with the removing method, and have seen worlds and spoke with players that have done the adding method (and wasn't even Solo),so please, this is why I know your equation is not valid in this instance.

I'm sorry pal but all you have done is made a hallowed world utilising both methods (and maybe you had help?) and expect to know what you preach.

But...........I've finished arguing, theres so much more to life than this. Do what you must as this egg has been laidddd!

Take it easy buddy

Looking back on this posts, I cant believe we argued about this for so long lmfao, we're so petty!

And the fact that I spent my time arguing about a tiny aspect in a certain video game, what a waste of life lol.

I admit, I do like playing games but I really wished I didn't, you get no essential life experience from it at all, just a instant entertainment solution.

The day will come when I will just sell my PS3 and go cold turkey, I know I can do it, I must be strong for mankind is at stake. lol

Does the Gangnam style dance and then leaves.

Ive gotta catch me a rainbow shard!

Yep, that's right, I talk sh+t

I love every1, mwahhhh

Pal, I never said you couldn't watch another screen, i'm just staying you still have to watch. Glancing every 10 secs is watching, completely turning away from the screen for a long amount of time or changing channel, moving into another room etc is not watching.

So your watching anime for 10 secs, then watching terraria for a few secs, actually, by your views, your watching nothing. Look up watching in the dictionary please.

Let's say I spent 10 hours:

Option A: I watched two seasons and added Z blocks

Option B: I removed Z blocks

Which one is better? For me it's A ;)

Like I said, your equation is right on paper, but when applied to the game it wont work. If you have no evidence to back up your calculations and are not willing to find out, then stop criticizing posts when users are just trying to help the community.

Depending on what method you use, the blocks percentage will either increase or decrease. Your equation is unuseable as the trophy works on percentage. Its not as simple as your equation dictates, if I remove some Y (or Z) blocks and because it works on percentage, X will automatically increase and Y will decrease but at a slower pace than X. If I add more X (or Z) blocks, Y will decrease and X will increase but at a slower pace than Y because off the percentages. Its hard to get your head around but it does make sense.

Enough with your equations. When most people have predictions, they check them thoroughly to make sure there accurate, but you don't.

You must have a special talent.

You're overcomplicating things. Game mechanics are very simple and it's easy to understand how everything works. Come on, you have "smart" in you nickname :D

50% is very, very nice numer. You can consider it as magic number ;) You can see my graph on the first page, and you'll see why. If it was less, then adding blocks would be more efficient, if it was more, then the opposite.

Maybe you misunderstood, but X, Y and Z are not percentages, they are number of blocks. E.g. if X is 0.5 million and Y is 1 million (with total of 1.5 million which makes 33.(3)% of infection):

you can add 0.5 million blocks: (0.5+0.5)/(1+0.5+0.5) = 1/2 = 50%

or you can remove 0.5 million blocks: 0.5 / (1-0.5+0.5) = 0.5/1 = 50%

Or maybe you misunderstanding something else... Think about two states - before you started doing things and after you get 50%. It doesn't matter what % is inbetween. Those X, Y and Zs I was talking about simply describe those states. They are constants, they are not variables.

Let's say I spent 10 hours:

Option A: I watched two seasons and added Z blocks

Option B: I removed Z blocks

Which one is better? For me it's A ;)

You're overcomplicating things. Game mechanics are very simple and it's easy to understand how everything works. Come on, you have "smart" in you nickname :D

50% is very, very nice numer. You can consider it as magic number ;) You can see my graph on the first page, and you'll see why. If it was less, then adding blocks would be more efficient, if it was more, then the opposite.

Maybe you misunderstood, but X, Y and Z are not percentages, they are number of blocks. E.g. if X is 0.5 million and Y is 1 million (with total of 1.5 million which makes 33.(3)% of infection):

you can add 0.5 million blocks: (0.5+0.5)/(1+0.5+0.5) = 1/2 = 50%

or you can remove 0.5 million blocks: 0.5 / (1-0.5+0.5) = 0.5/1 = 50%

Or maybe you misunderstanding something else... Think about two states - before you started doing things and after you get 50%. It doesn't matter what % is inbetween. Those X, Y and Zs I was talking about simply describe those states. They are constants, they are not variables.

WHAT THE F.......

Lol

i got the general idea...

so basically, if i blow everything in my world, every single block... so there's nothing left...

and i put 1 block, and use unholy water, then *BAM* i should have 100% corrupted then ?

and then, when i purify and convert that block using holy water, then *BAM* i should have 100% hallowed right ?

and... in theory, i could do this in pre-hardmode right ?

I would really like to thank optimusmart for helping me achieve the Corruptible and Hallowed Be Thy Name trophies which ultimately led to platting the game. You, buddy is truly awesome. I can't thank you enough, bless you for your kindness and generosity. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...