Rate the trophy difficulty  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.03

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Imho the plat difficulty depends on your ability to organize a decent boosting team.I gave it a 7.

It would be impossible for me to get it without the help of: maher, panda, jonjon, joshvideo and slaziman!

Good luck everybody!

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 6.

I just got plat, but it's a really tough game to rate for plat difficulty.

If you duplicate everything and have a friend or friends help everywhere possible then I'd rate it a 3 or 4.

If you do everything on your own solo and no duping I would say an 8 or a 9.

Since I did a little of both I rated somewhere between at 6/10. Took me over 100 hours to plat.

Very hard one to rate. If you go completely solo, a solid 9. It would be a LONG & SLOW grind. Easily 120+ hours.

If you have friends duplicate everything for you, as well as help out with Hallowed and Corrupt, a 2. I'd say 10ish hours.

I voted 6, as I had help with Hallowed and Corrupt, as well as the pets, and eventually learned the duplication technique. Back for Seconds glitched for me, so I had to go through that process as well. The game can be fairly challenging when playing legit. I'd say I spent 80ish hours for my platinum. Great game. Worth every minute.

I don't get the rating here... Are you guys saying it's a 6-9/10 without the duplication glitch because the game would take longer time to complete? If that is the only case, then it should get the same as it would have if it took 10 hours. Read the opening post. It's not more difficulty just because it takes longer time. I'm wondering how difficult this game is to 100%, but these replies and rating makes me wonder. I will glitch my way and it only taking 10 hours alongside it being 2/10?? Sounds good. I'm gonna do that.

Edited by MMDE

6/10 This is coming from someone who did just about everything legit and solo with some help. Only things I duped were miners pants and a couple rare pets.

I farmed for every soul and killed all bosses solo and there is nothing truly that difficult. I did reload saves on Ocram if he didn't drop an armor piece, which sped up his farm considerably.

People are having trouble rating it depending on how much help they had and how much duping was used. I still have yet to hear if anyone has looted the honeycomb pet on ps3, so if you can't trade with someone you may never get the plat.

As time goes on it will become harder to find people to trade with making it more difficult.

I highly doubt anyone will just give someone all armors,pets and have both hllw/crpt worlds, basically playing the whole game for them. So even than 10 hours doesn't seem possible. There are still a bunch of trophies you have to do yourself.

Edited by Nesta

I really can't see a single hard trophy there, just incredibly tedious grinding. I'm not even going into stuff like pets (which I've never found a single one) or miner armor (which I've never found a single one) but just the boss grinding for souls and high tier armor which in turn requires grinding to get the summoning items and all the sets of hardmode ore armor you must make for the higher ones. Eventually it's just mining and killing the same old enemies.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't get the rating here... Are you guys saying it's a 6-9/10 without the duplication glitch because the game would take longer time to complete? If that is the only case, then it should get the same as it would have if it took 10 hours. Read the opening post. It's not more difficulty just because it takes longer time. I'm wondering how difficult this game is to 100%, but these replies and rating makes me wonder. I will glitch my way and it only taking 10 hours alongside it being 2/10?? Sounds good. I'm gonna do that.

It doesn't matter what the opening post says. Myself and many other people on this site have expressed time and time again that that is not true. Time does make it difficult to plat, and this is why on most longer games you will always read posts expressing this in the plat difficulty thread. There are people that have given up on plats due to overly tedious grinds and other time consuming things. It takes a lot of endurance to persevere through such things. Now if the title of these threads was game difficulty and not plat difficulty, then yeah time consuming would not mean difficult, but for plat difficulty it does as not everyone is capable of doing the overly time consuming things required for many plats.

It doesn't matter what the opening post says. Myself and many other people on this site have expressed time and time again that that is not true. Time does make it difficult to plat, and this is why on most longer games you will always read posts expressing this in the plat difficulty thread. There are people that have given up on plats due to overly tedious grinds and other time consuming things. It takes a lot of endurance to persevere through such things. Now if the title of these threads was game difficulty and not plat difficulty, then yeah time consuming would not mean difficult, but for plat difficulty it does as not everyone is capable of doing the overly time consuming things required for many plats.

There's a reason why there's a "difficulty rating" and an "approximate time estimated", these are two different things. When I see people vote higher, I think it's harder. I already know the time required to plat from the guide, I don't need to have the difficulty mixed with the time too, that just makes for confusing and inaccurate difficulty estimate.

For example; FFXIII is a 2-3/10, but it's like 50-60 hours (P) if done correctly. I don't want those 50-60 hours mixed into the 2-3/10 difficulty rating so it says 5-6/10 instead, because it's simply not 5-6/10 difficulty, it's 2-3/10 and 50-60 hours.

Edited by MMDE

There's a reason why there's a "difficulty rating" and an "approximate time estimated", these are two different things. When I see people vote higher, I think it's harder. I already know the time required to plat from the guide, I don't need to have the difficulty mixed with the time too, that just makes for confusing and inaccurate difficulty estimate.

For example; FFXIII is a 2-3/10, but it's like 50-60 hours (P) if done correctly. I don't want those 50-60 hours mixed into the 2-3/10 difficulty rating so it says 5-6/10 instead, because it's simply not 5-6/10 difficulty, it's 2-3/10 and 50-60 hours.

It's not the time it takes to plat I am referring to. If a game takes 150 hours to plat that is no problem for me unless most of that 150 hours is spent on a grind for 1 or 2 trophies. Those certain trophies can make the plat tedious, but a game that has the entire 150 hours consist of a nice mix with no 50+ hour grind for 1 trophy is fine. It's those trophies that make the plat difficult. I have never once given up on a game due to a grind, but people have.

My post describing why I chose the rating I did was not based on the grind trophies, though they do add to it. Terraria actually is a pretty hard game if doing everything solo because hard mode is brutal until you get better hard mode equips which is difficult. I find Terraria's hard mode more difficult than world 1-1 in Demons Souls (which I've played on friends account) if doing solo and legit. I actually died less frequent in that than Terraria. Terraria is very unforgiving in hard mode until you get the better hard mode equips.

It's not the time it takes to plat I am referring to. If a game takes 150 hours to plat that is no problem for me unless most of that 150 hours is spent on a grind for 1 or 2 trophies. Those certain trophies can make the plat tedious, but a game that has the entire 150 hours consist of a nice mix with no 50+ hour grind for 1 trophy is fine. It's those trophies that make the plat difficult. I have never once given up on a game due to a grind, but people have.

My post describing why I chose the rating I did was not based on the grind trophies, though they do add to it. Terraria actually is a pretty hard game if doing everything solo because hard mode is brutal until you get better hard mode equips which is difficult. I find Terraria's hard mode more difficult than world 1-1 in Demons Souls (which I've played on friends account) if doing solo and legit. I actually died less frequent in that than Terraria. Terraria is very unforgiving in hard mode until you get the better hard mode equips.

If the 100 of 150 hours is spent on grinding one trophy or if the trophies are spread out over 150 hours, it doesn't really matter when it comes to the difficulty of the (P). Neither does it mean matter if it's just the same easy thing you do over and over for 150 hours or if you had to do it only for 5 hours. It's just as hard, even though one is more time consuming than the other. I can check the guide to see that, that's not what I'm looking for here. I don't know about Terraria, as I've barely played it. All I'm wondering about was asked in the original post. At this point, for me Demon's Souls is like 2,5 hours 1-2/10 difficulty (P).

Yea. I am at 450+ hours and still ain't near a platinum.

It's way way harder than the road map suggests :p.

Time consumption is very difficult to handle and furthermore, some bosses are damn near impossible to kill without exploiting glitches or getting help.

Even the first hard mode boss I killed (Destroyer) took days of trying different things. Almost had to resort to cheating by looking online for tactics guide.

Smelting 10,000 bars isn't hard? if you spend the same amount of time fooling around with Gran Turismo 5 GT-R challenge you would beat the record with your eyes closed using only one hand. and it wouldn't make you skitzo. :-)

Dark Souls is estimated here to be harder than Terraria :-)

Dark Souls players who have Platinum: 18.71% (21,450 people)

Terraria - players who have Platinum: 2.20% (158 people)

DARK SOULS Trophies - PSNProfiles.com

Terraria Trophies - PSNProfiles.com

That has nothing to do with difficulty. Terraria is a less popular game and has only been out since march and more people have played Dark Souls and the game has been out far longer.

You're not going to convince anyone Terraria is even close to being as hard as Dark Souls which is notorious for it's difficulty. It would be like comparing wipeout to little big planet karting.

That has nothing to do with difficulty. Terraria is a less popular game and has only been out since march and more people have played Dark Souls and the game has been out far longer.

You're not going to convince anyone Terraria is even close to being as hard as Dark Souls which is notorious for it's difficulty. It would be like comparing wipeout to little big planet karting.

Yea we aren't going to agree. Dark Souls difficult? It's has a nice challenging feel without being so hard you need to practice any encounter much.

Little facts: Within days of release there were Dark Souls speed runs of 2 hours and currently a half hour is the time to beat. But we are talking Trophies. And dark Souls has no crazy hard trophies. Or any trophies that aren't interesting to acquire. Uninteresting trophies automatically feel 10 times harder.

Cmon. Smelt 10,000 bars even possible in a human lifetime? :-) Mined out almost 3 medium maps.. I hope I am close.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

What is this thread? 5hrs to platinum haha, you try and make the corrupt and hallowed worlds yourself and then post here after that.

Yeah, if you join someones world,it would be quicker but can you really rate the difficulty on that. You can do the same on Dark Souls, join people who can give you relevant trophy items which can speed that game up to. Theres a glitch on Dark Souls as well if you delete the patch to gain souls superfast.

Theres no consistency in these ratings, sorry fellow users, but this thread is a waste of time.

-- Optimusmart leaves this thread shaking his head in disgust --

Imho the plat difficulty depends on your ability to organize a decent boosting team.I gave it a 7.

It would be impossible for me to get it without the help of: maher, panda, jonjon, joshvideo and slaziman!

Good luck everybody!

Voted a 5, would be higher if you have no way or linking up with people for all the armors or pets. The only reason it would be higher though is because it would add a CONSIDERABLE amount of time into getting these trophies not because its particularly difficult.

Exactly what this guy said, this game depends on whether your going solo or with a team. Finally got mine today after 5 months of procrastinating on creating a Corrupted World I finally found a member on the site who helped me achieve this trophy. Big shout out to OPTIMUSMART who helped me obtain this last trophy and then stuck it out with me for over an hour in attempts to get the last, Back For Seconds, trophy and than the Platinum!!! Thank you so much buddy, couldn't have done it without you. Honorable mention to that random player who let me in there Hallowed world sometime back in June.

Edited by ICPosse8

Gave the game a 4. Trading is part of the system, so there's no reason not to do it. Some of the bosses might require some grinding or the right tactics, but essentially it's just a huge time investement. Really fun game if you like building stuff :)

P.S.: Some trophies are really glitched, but that also means that you might get them early.

Edited by PKopetzky

• 4 weeks later...
What is this thread? 5hrs to platinum haha, you try and make the corrupt and hallowed worlds yourself and then post here after that.

Yeah, if you join someones world,it would be quicker but can you really rate the difficulty on that. You can do the same on Dark Souls, join people who can give you relevant trophy items which can speed that game up to. Theres a glitch on Dark Souls as well if you delete the patch to gain souls superfast.

Theres no consistency in these ratings, sorry fellow users, but this thread is a waste of time.

-- Optimusmart leaves this thread shaking his head in disgust --

The difficulty rating is given due to the Difficulty of the trophy, time is a minor factor, say something took you 2 hours to do but all you really had to do was hold X then it really wouldn't be challenging, I do agree joining another world is an easy way to get these trophies. Don't you think comparing Dark Souls with Terraria is a little off? I understand you are trying to state how both games have the easy to obtain factor if used online but come on in Terraria the people who honestly gave the rating was due to the fact that they mostly put time into this game. I can more than gladly say I have put well over 100 hours into this game and I could still keep enjoying it. The only reason why I didn't get the platinum yet was due to the fact that my 42km trophy glitched and I really didn't care much to go back to get it. Next time you "Shake your head and leave the thread in disgust" why not actually make a real statement instead of whine and leave.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, if Raiko assumes im a whiner and a leaver, then so be it, no love lost here!

Im not comparing the games pal, I was merely giving an example of another game where boosting can make trophy earning considerably easier.

Don't hate me on this Raiko but our opinions on trophy earning obviously differ. I actually think time is a major factor, this thread talks of TROPHY difficulty, not GAME difficulty where I think some people are misled. Game difficulty can be really frustrating, but with more time spent on the game the easier the difficulty becomes, as u improve your skill with said game. Its jus my opinion, its no more right than yours or his behind you or even Harold the toilet cleaner. BUT there is no consistency in how people have earned trophies in this game this why this is hard to rate for me. Yes, I made a corrupt and hallowed world myself, but if I had to find the pets myself, couldn't do the chest duping glitch, couldn't dupe items with friends then this would of been a very hard platinum. The pc version has patched most of these exploits, lets hope they don't get patched on ps3 :).

----- Optimus gets knocked unconscious by Raiko ------

Awesome, if Raiko assumes im a whiner and a leaver, then so be it, no love lost here!

Im not comparing the games pal, I was merely giving an example of another game where boosting can make trophy earning considerably easier.

Don't hate me on this Raiko but our opinions on trophy earning obviously differ. I actually think time is a major factor, this thread talks of TROPHY difficulty, not GAME difficulty where I think some people are misled. Game difficulty can be really frustrating, but with more time spent on the game the easier the difficulty becomes, as u improve your skill with said game. Its jus my opinion, its no more right than yours or his behind you or even Harold the toilet cleaner. BUT there is no consistency in how people have earned trophies in this game this why this is hard to rate for me. Yes, I made a corrupt and hallowed world myself, but if I had to find the pets myself, couldn't do the chest duping glitch, couldn't dupe items with friends then this would of been a very hard platinum. The pc version has patched most of these exploits, lets hope they don't get patched on ps3 :).

----- Optimus gets knocked unconscious by Raiko ------

No you are right, to some Time is a factor, as for me I didn't judge it via time since it was fun for me and I didn't care how much time was spent. I agree with you however that this platinum is hard to judge since a person could obtain all the pets easily or they could actually struggle.

• 4 months later...

Good......God.....

Done. FINALLY!

I voted a 3 on this one. While you can easily spend over 100 hours to get the plat, none of it is particularly hard.

Especially once you get endgame gear alot of the other pieces will fall into place. The 1.2 patch makes it easier and yet more difficult. Easier because you can get the world trophies ALOT easier thanks to the Clentaminator and more difficult becuase there is more requirements for various trophies.

VERY fun game but after the last two world trophies I don't plan to touch it again for some time.