So what did you pay for this game?

I've never been someone who would buy or even play/rent a game just to get an easy platinum. I'm proud of the fact that of the now 30 platinums I have, they all came from games I bought because I wanted them for the game first and the trophies second.

But when I got my copy of Terminator Salvation yesterday from Future Shop, after seeing what I paid for it, I got to wondering just what exactly did people pay for their copy in order to get this easy platinum.

I remember last year when this sold for 54.99 and 49.99 starting off and then when it was going down in price, I still wasn't inclined to play it only cuz I didn't wanna just get it from a Blockbuster or whatever just for the trophies.

Where am I going with this, well after what I paid for it (and brand new and factory sealed mind you), I had to share this story.

If my stupid webcam wasn't a piece of shit I would gladly take a pik of the receipt to show this....but anyway:

Terminator: Salvation cost me.....$2.97!

I kid you not....

What did it cost you guys, if you remember?

Edited by jadedxspawn

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about renting this but the only rental store in my area is Blockbuster and it costs $9 for 5 days. I wonder how much gamestop is selling it for.

EDIT: Checked gamestop's website its $20 new and $18 used. I'm going to rent this just for the trophies. I dont normally do this but if I can easity get a platinum in a rental period on an enjoyable game (hopefully) I will do it.

Edited by zachattacksox

Well once I platinumed this I pretty much knew I wasn't going to play it again.

So at my local EB they offered 50 cents as a trade in.

Granted I only paid $3 so its not like I expected a high value, but still when they sell used for $14.99 and only offer 50 cents I was like eff this I might as well keep it.

But then I remember EB isn't the only place in my town that does trades and on Canada Day I went into Blockbuster and went to see what I could get there.

Turns out they offered me $3 for the trade in. I was like why the hell not, and in this case it would almost in a way feel like this game was free, and I traded it in for a copy of Prototype.

Salvation still was not as bad a game as some perceive, but I knew I wasn't gonna play it again once it was platinumed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I rented it way back from blockbuster... rent 1 get 1 free. This was the free one, RE5 was $7.

i dont want to think of each being $3.50 cuz ill get mad that I payed $3.50 for this game.

It was free which is okay I suppose. ;)

After I plat'd it, I took it over a friends house and plat'd it for him. I got to enjoy 2 full playthroughs of this game... jealous? :rolleyes: NO??? okay then... ( I did the same thing for hannah montana. jealous now arent ya?? :p )