+ Estimated trophy difficulty: 2.6/10

+ Offline: 12 (1 (P), 11 (G))  

+ Online: 0

+ Approximate time: 4-8 hours

+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

+ Missable trophies: None

+ Glitched trophies: None

+ Cheats: None

This game is pretty easy and won’t take you very long. You can get the platinum and all 11 other trophies in an afternoon. There is an option to play through the game in offline co-op, but it’s not necessary. The game is easy enough as it is. You’ll only need one play through. Hard mode is available from the beginning, and the trophy for beating the game on Medium will unlock if beat it on Hard. Turning down the sensitivity of the Right stick to about 30-40% helps with aiming, especially in the vehicle sequences. Since nine of the trophies are awarded for completing chapters, all of the trophies are basically impossible to miss. If for some reason you miss one, there is a chapter select in the main menu.

Here are some things to remember for this game. Use cover in every fight. If you’re out in the open for too long, you won’t last for very long. If you can move around to different cover spots, do so. The machines will lose track of you making them easier to take out. If you can, try and flank them. Some of the enemy Terminators can only be taken out when you’re behind them. If you’re playing by yourself, your allies won’t help you much (if at all), so be prepared to take down all of them yourself. Pay attention to the movements of the machines that you’re fighting. They move in pretty predictable patterns.

There isn’t a whole lot of variety to the enemies that you’ll face. The flying enemies are Wasps. One shotgun blast will take them out. On the ground, you’ll face T-7’s (spiders) and T-600’s (the Terminator that everyone will recognize). The T-7’s you have to get around behind to destroy them. The T-600’s…well good luck. They’re tough. They’ll take grenades, pipe bombs, or rockets to destroy. Apparently, their weakest point is in the chest, but they could have fooled me. If all you have is an assault rifle, find some other weapon. You won’t do nearly enough damage to take them out. You’ll also encounter some motorcycle-like Terminators in one vehicle sequence, but you have a rocket launcher, so they’re not much to worry about.

Since this isn't the typical game with a lot of trophies to explain, I'll give some tips on how to make it through each chapter. A few of the levels have frustrating parts to them. Just remember to stay in cover, move through the cover points, and flank when you can.

spacer.png Determinated (P)

Collect all other Trophies

spacer.png L.A. 2016 (G)

Complete Chapter 1 – L.A. 2016 on any difficulty.

There’s nothing too difficult about this chapter. Make sure that you don’t expose yourself too much when you’re firing rockets at the HK. The Wasps will do some heavy damage to you if you’re in the open for too long. You’ll get this trophy a few minutes after you start playing the game.

spacer.png Thank Heaven (G)

Complete Chapter 2 – Thank Heaven on any difficulty

This chapter sort of begins with a chase sequence through LA. Fire in bursts to take out the Wasps being careful not to overheat your gun. When you get into the tunnel, take out the van first, then worry about the Wasps.

spacer.png New Acquaintances (G)

Complete Chapter 3 – New Acquaintances on any difficulty.

The end of this level could cause you some problems. It’s really not that bad once you figure out where the best cover spot is. When you face the first T-600, run up the stairs and let someone go before you so you don’t get hit. There will be an L-shaped cover spot on this floor that is directly across from the stairs. A guy behind you will be making pipe bombs that you can throw at the three T-600’s. Take them out with a combination of one or two pipe bombs and some gunfire at their chest. Destroy the one that is across from you first. Then finish off the two that everyone else is shooting at. You’ll go into another room that has a few more. Run to the back of the room, get some more pipe bombs, and take them out as they come.

spacer.png The Sights (G)

Complete Chapter 4 – The Sights on any difficulty.

Your objective is to make it onto the roof of a nearby building. The most difficult part you’ll face is when you’re up against two T-600’s. Stay by the steps up and take out the first one. When the second one is near you, run over and take cover behind the curved wall. Pop up and shoot at it when the Terminator is shooting at your allies. Just remember to use cover effectively, aim for the upper chest, and use your grenades and pipe bombs when it gets in close.

spacer.png Underground (G)

Complete Chapter 5 – Underground on any difficulty.

You’ll have a couple of vehicle sequences again this level, but they’re not very difficult. One of them you get a rocket launcher for, so it’s not very hard. The toughest part is when you have to keep the machines busy while Barnes checks the explosive trap he set. There are a couple of checkpoints in between waves of Terminators. Just keep moving from one side to the other. Use the rocket launcher and the grenade launcher for quick kills. By the way, if you quit after one of the checkpoints and reload, all of the weapons will respawn and you’ll be at max ammo again.

spacer.png Into the Wild (G)

Complete Chapter 6 – Into the Wild on any difficulty.

There’s nothing difficult here and it's a pretty short level. Keep using cover. Use your grenades wisely. Use the grenade launcher on the T-600’s.

spacer.png Angie (G)

Complete Chapter 7 – Angie on any difficulty.

There are a couple of spots where you’ll have to survive waves of T-7’s and T-600’s with a few Wasps thrown in too. Use the same strategy that you’ve used the entire game, and you’ll be fine. This chapter ends with another vehicle section, but this time you’re in control of a giant Terminator.

spacer.png Every Life is Sacred (G)

Complete Chapter 8 – Every Life is Sacred on any difficulty.

There’s not too much to this level. Just survive more waves of T-7’s and T-600’s. This level is pretty short and as long as you keep using cover, you’ll have no problems.

spacer.png For the Resistance (G)

Complete Chapter 9 – For the Resistance on any difficulty.

The first room can be tough. You have two T-7’s and two T-600’s followed by a wave of three T-600’s. Amazingly, that’s the easy part. The hard part about it is dealing with the games crappy frame rate and significant slowdown during this part. After this room, you’ll have another room to fight a few Wasps, and then you’ll get to the control room. After that, you have a fight with six or seven T-600’s. Use your rocket launcher and grenade launcher and you’ll make it through no problem. After that, the rest is cake walk.

spacer.png Seasoned Commander (G)

Complete the game – Become a Commander on Medium difficulty.

Self explanatory. This unlocks if you complete the game on Hard.

spacer.png Veteran Commander (G)

Complete the game – Become a Commander on Hard difficulty.

Self explanatory. Completing the game on Hard also gives you the trophy for completing the game on Medium.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, this game is so piss it didnt even need a trophy guide lol, good guide though, but i got 1 question.

Can you play through on Medium and then play the last Mission on Hard that wuld just save about half hour.

nope. doesn't work that way broski, sorry. hard is easier then just about any other games hard mode though and i'll even claim that it's easier than killzone 2 on medium.

dude... I've rented it like 20 mins ago as well :p lets see who platinumes it 1st ;)

LOL, yeah it's definatly a rent title! I won't even be starting it until later today or tomorrow, you'll already have the plat in this and have probably started another game by then, if the approx 6 hour completion time is accurate!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/112/002.jpgThank Heaven http://www.celticshockey.com/g.gif

Complete Chapter 2 – Thank Heaven on any difficulty

This chapter sort of begins with a chase sequence through LA. Fire in bursts to take out the Wasps being careful not to overheat your gun. When you get into the tunnel, take out the van first, then worry about the Wasps.

I only received first trophy after doing this part. Chapter 2 "Thank Heaven" started like what u have described in Chapter 3.

is it just me...or when you go on hard everything starts to glitch??? I had one of those spider dudes that your supposed to out flank..and kill...but he doesnt move from his starting point...or they get stuck in a wall!

ya the game is a mess, you have to run away from battle till it resets you it's awful happened to me twice just... idk but the game sucks.

ive completed the game on easy and have all the nine trophies for the chapters but if i complete the game on hard wil i get seasoned comander and vetran commander and the platinum ?

Yes you will. TBH you may as well have played it through on Hard from the start, Hard in this game just isn't Hard!

is it just me...or when you go on hard everything starts to glitch??? I had one of those spider dudes that your supposed to out flank..and kill...but he doesnt move from his starting point...or they get stuck in a wall!

The spider dude getting stuck in the wall happened to me on easy mode...haven't seen any real trouble in hard yet.

Yes you will. TBH you may as well have played it through on Hard from the start, Hard in this game just isn't Hard

Considering that this is maybe the third shooter I have ever played....to say this game isn't hard is kinda assinine. You may want to remember..not everyone plays these games normally.

I found the game a little challenging in the beginning chapters to be honest. However it does get easier as I found that they gave you enough grenades and pipe bombs to take out the machines.

TIP: I didn't see this mentioned in the guide but I found that aiming your gun and then throwing your grenade/pipe bomb is more accurate than just throwing your grenade without aiming.

It wasn't obvious to me, but when I started doing that, destroying the terminators become much easier.

I found the game a little challenging in the beginning chapters to be honest. However it does get easier as I found that they gave you enough grenades and pipe bombs to take out the machines.

TIP: I didn't see this mentioned in the guide but I found that aiming your gun and then throwing your grenade/pipe bomb is more accurate than just throwing your grenade without aiming.

It wasn't obvious to me, but when I started doing that, destroying the terminators become much easier.

I agree with your tip