I watched the first two epsiodes of the show and it pretty great. So different from other shows u see on nowadays, that and u rarely get a good zombie type anything(be it movie, games, comics, etc..). I wish i could watch the rest but everytime i see it, it makes me wanna play COD:BO Zombies and then i cant stop :p But ill come around to finishing it soon i hope :rolleyes:

Saw all episodes of first season and really enjoyed them.

I'm big fan of George A Romero's Trilogy so I have to admit that show is really good.

I expected to see more gore and slashing but it's more psychologicaly based . Can't wait to see season 2 !

Great series, hopefully will continue to live up to the graphic novels, but I wish they would have done more than 6 episodes for the first season, still those 6 episodes were well worth watching.

That's what a friend of mine said. I can only guess those episodes cost a fortune to produce. Probably didn't want to jump too far into it and have it canceled on them.

I absolutely love the job they've done with the series. I've been reading this comic since the beginning. Actually got to meet the writer and artist (Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore) back in 2004 when they had a booth at the Chicago Wizard World ComicCon. They were promoting their brand new little indie comic, The Walking Dead.

I'm very happy that the TV series has followed the successful formula of the comic by putting character development and drama over all-out zombie mayhem.

I loved the first episode but every episode afterwards didn't really leave me wanting more. I watched the whole first season and wasn't terribly impressed, will probably stick around for the second season though just because I love zombies and have been wanting a zombie show for awhile now so I'll take what I can get.

The characters just dont do it for me. Especially Rick he just seems like to much of a goody two shoes to be an interesting character in my opinion.

[spoiler=FQ1]For example. The "Guts" episode. Here you have Merl a worthless white trash piece of dirt that is obviously going to cause problems if he has anything to say about it. Then you have yourself trapped on the roof of a building surrounded by zombies.

Here's what Rick does:

He takes charge of the situation like a real hero would

He handcuff's Merl to a pipe

He then decideds to risk HIS life by smeering zombie guts all over himself to escape (I won't even get into how lame i thought this idea was. Or how incredibly dangerous it would have been. Would you smear AIDs infected blood all over yourself? But anyways...)

Here's what my 'anti-hero' would have done:

He'd take charge of the situation like a real hero would

He'd dangle Merl from the edge of the roof.

Merl would attract the attention of all the Zombies

Everyone worth something would sneak out the back

And just to show that my hero wasn't pure evil he'd head shot Merl from a safe distance once everyone else was clear.

My hero might not be loved by all but he'd be a whole helluv a lot more interesting than your run of the mill gotta save everyone I can so that they can come back later and bite me in the ass hero.

But the first season was most likely just to get the ball rolling, introduce characters, show loyalties and disloyalties, etc... so i'll give it a second shot.

Also keep in mind I've never read the comics and yes I know its supposed to be more about the evils and good deeds of humanity during a time of crisis and blah blah just give me a zombie series with a bad ass main hero. Oh and less crying.

Edited by Burfid

I watched only the season opener & was very impressed that I thought I was going to make it a regular thing but couldn't as I didn't even remember what channel I watched it on. However if I'm right didn't the show jut start a couple weeks ago? How come the 1st season is over already?

I've read the comics and I was a bit skeptic to them being made into a tv show, but for the most part I've been pleasantly surprised. I still think the comics have way more depth, yet it's transferred decently to the screen. I'm glad it's not a straight replica, but there are some key elements I'm still missing, and I'll see how those tie in the next season.

The finale was a huge disappointment though, they could have done a lot more with that..