Into the Badlands

Viper

• 1 month later...
Bad....fucking...ASS! Loved the premier.

Can't wait for more.

So... was this the season premiere, or the first episode ever? The promos I've been seeing make it sound like just a season premiere, which had me confused. How have I missed an entire season of such a great-looking show? But if it is, indeed, first episode ever, then I'm getting on this one. It looks more my type of show than a lot of what I've been watching lately.

So... was this the season premiere, or the first episode ever? The promos I've been seeing make it sound like just a season premiere, which had me confused. How have I missed an entire season of such a great-looking show? But if it is, indeed, first episode ever, then I'm getting on this one. It looks more my type of show than a lot of what I've been watching lately.
Last night was the second episode of Season 1. So it's a brand new series. And you should definitely watch it, AMC has another grand slam hit with this series...and I'm saying that after only 2 episodes.

Last night was the second episode of Season 1. So it's a brand new series. And you should definitely watch it, AMC has another grand slam hit with this series...and I'm saying that after only 2 episodes.

Oh, it looks good. However, I think people tend to give AMC some sort of automatic pass ever since the one-two punch of Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Some of their recent shows that I've tried and walked away:

Hell on Wheels

The Killing

TURN

Halt and Catch Fire

Low Winter Sun

Comic Book Men (don't generally ever like "reality" shows)

Not that those shows don't have their audiences - they just weren't my thing. I'm also not really impressed with Fear the Walking Dead. However, Into the Badlands really looks impressive.

Oh, it looks good. However, I think people tend to give AMC some sort of automatic pass ever since the one-two punch of Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Some of their recent shows that I've tried and walked away:

Hell on Wheels

The Killing

TURN

Halt and Catch Fire

Low Winter Sun

Comic Book Men (don't generally ever like "reality" shows)

Not that those shows don't have their audiences - they just weren't my thing. I'm also not really impressed with Fear the Walking Dead. However, Into the Badlands really looks impressive.

I was strictly speaking of Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and Mad Men. :p Edited by TheViper4Life

• 2 weeks later...
Well... I keep seeing more and more ads for the show, but I never get around to going back and watching. Any encouraging words regarding the greatness of the show? Or is it all hype? :think:

It didn't look like it would be my type of thing, but I've enjoyed it so far. The fight scenes look great and the story has done enough to keep me engaged. There are only 6 episodes in the first season so watching it doesn't require much of a commitment.

I like this show it has potential for greatness. The one thing that I think just is not needed is the supernatural power and that is all I will say on that subject. Do not want to ruin it for anyone.
There may be a reason for it.

It turns out that Badlands is loosely based on the novel "The Journey to the West". Which is also what Dragon Ball is based on. And there's some similarities between the two.

Such as Sunny can be viewed as Goku, the most OP character in the show. MK can be seen as Gohan, someone reluctant to fight but willing to learn, with a latent hidden ability. And of course the over the top fighting.

Hopefully by next week though we'll get some insight as to why MK has this power.

There may be a reason for it.

It turns out that Badlands is loosely based on the novel "The Journey to the West". Which is also what Dragon Ball is based on. And there's some similarities between the two.

Such as Sunny can be viewed as Goku, the most OP character in the show. MK can be seen as Gohan, someone reluctant to fight but willing to learn, with a latent hidden ability. And of course the over the top fighting.

Hopefully by next week though we'll get some insight as to why MK has this power.

I don't know we would have to see next week but I don't see MK as Gohan and Sunny as Goku. Unless MK is Gohan and Sunny is Piccolo that would make a better match up. I really do hope they answer a lot of questions next week there are way to many to just leave them all for the next season. More info on MK is a must especially after the last episode [spoiler=123]he is a dark one and needs to be cleansed? wtf does that mean.

The widow has been dead to rights twice now, I am so sick of shit like this. Dragging things out just because

Yeah Sunny handled her a lot more easily then I thought. Maybe her wound is still fatal but I doubt it.

The finale was awesome though as I thought it end with way more questions then answers. What is going to happen to MK where is Sunny being sent to does Sunny have the same ability as MK just dormant in him.

[spoiler=456]

Based on the fact that Quinn told Sunny that he had the same pendent on him when he found him as a child. Sunny can fight really well it took all three of the mystical fighters (that is what I'll call them for now due lack of a better name) going into the same mode MK goes into. Makes me think now that he may have the ability that and what the widow said that she was once like MK if she was telling the truth. Now with Quinn dead wonder who will take over I mean I didn't see if Jacobee died too or not.

Edited by ShinobiHotsuma
BB code for spoiler is acting up not sure if it is me or a site issue

The finale was awesome though as I thought it end with way more questions then answers. What is going to happen to MK where is Sunny being sent to does Sunny have the same ability as MK just dormant in him.

[spoiler=123]Based on the fact that Quinn told Sunny that he had the same pendent on him when he found him as a child. Sunny can fight really well it took all three of the mystical fighters (that is what I'll call them for now due lack of a better name) going into the same mode MK goes into. Makes me think now that he may have the ability that and what the widow said that she was once like MK if she was telling the truth. Now with Quinn dead wonder who will take over I mean I didn't see if Jacobee died too or not.

You need to fix your Spoiler code...it's opening up the one in your post above.

But yeah it was a bad ass season finale. I'm glad Season 2 will be longer though, as this season really felt more like a Try out than anything else. Too bad we have like a year to wait for it though.