The Simpsons/Family Guy Crossover

Saw this the other day, no idea why I didn't like it. The whole concept made me cringe.

I know what you mean. I enjoy watching both shows, but the idea that there's going to be a crossover between them is such a terrible idea.

Personally, I think Family Guy is more of a bully when it comes to referencing other shows, trying to make themselves to be the better show. I remember a few episodes where Family Guy was always trying to one-up The Simpsons, while when The Simpsons references Family Guy, it's only for the sake of referencing another show. That's what I think, so I feel that this crossover is nothing but bad news for both series.

Saw this the other day, no idea why I didn't like it. The whole concept made me cringe.

Same, I don't like the look of it. But to me, The Simpsons hasn't been good for 15 years so I wouldn't like anything that has them in. :(

Personally, I think Family Guy is more of a bully when it comes to referencing other shows, trying to make themselves to be the better show. I remember a few episodes where Family Guy was always trying to one-up The Simpsons, while when The Simpsons references Family Guy, it's only for the sake of referencing another show. That's what I think, so I feel that this crossover is nothing but bad news for both series.

That's one of the reasons why The Simpsons isn't any good nowadays, too many pop culture references when it used to rely on pure and original humour. :pout:

The funniest thing in the video was the Bob's Burgers cameo...

Yeah I agree a cross over of Bob and his family would have been better. However if the Simpsons was to have a perfect crossover I think the best animated family to fit with them would have been King of the Hill it is too bad that can't happen now though.

[spoiler=123]One of the main voice cast members died Luanne voiced by Brittany Murphy who died in 2009. Yes they could recast however it just would not be the same.

I'll probably read a summary of what happens before I watch it once it airs. This idea makes me feel a bit uncomfortable considering how far Family Guy can go at times. http://nisamerica.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif

This is why I feel like it doesn't work. Family Guy is more adult and The Simpsons is family/PG rated.

Yeah I agree a cross over of Bob and his family would have been better. However if the Simpsons was to have a perfect crossover I think the best animated family to fit with them would have been King of the Hill it is too bad that can't happen now though.

[spoiler=123]One of the main voice cast members died Luanne voiced by Brittany Murphy who died in 2009. Yes they could recast however it just would not be the same.

If they wanted to do a King of the Hill/Simpsons crossover they still could. They could easily leave Luanne out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever watch the crossover episode of Bob's Burgers/Archer? That completely kicked ass. It's the Archer Season 4 premiere.

By the way - it really isn't a spoiler to mention that one of the voice cast from a show is dead. Especially when it happened five years ago. I mean, would I have to put spoiler alerts around the notion that another MASH reunion episode will never happen because Harry Morgan and Larry Linville are dead, the rest of the cast is between 70 and 80 years old and are probably mostly senile, and Loretta Switt appears to have had a sex change operation?

Maybe I should have. Retroactive SPOILER ALERT!

I'm not getting the hate here. That was hilarious :rofl: Hep C, Stewie being terrible at jokes, Homer not knowing how to set up a cut away gag, the double meaning beer, joke. Personally I can't wait.

I agree here. As a from-the-beginning fan of both series, I think it looks like loads of fun. Still... somehow it seems like a Family Guy episode with Simpsons guest stars rather than a 50/50 split. I know they're in Springfield, but Family Guy humor is big, loud, obnoxious, and tends to dominate the conversation. Much like Peter. Simpsons humor is ever-so-slightly more subtle.

Edited by MrMinderbinder

• 1 month later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TrggnZz9_A]Family Guy and The Simpsons: Peter and Homer's Carwash - YouTube[/ame]

Edit:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERUxmJCPi2k]Family Guy - Bart Simpson Makes his Entrance - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden
added vid

Okay that clip was pretty good, but that's the problem with Family Guy in the newer seasons is that only a couple of moments per episode are funny and the rest isn't all that good. That and a lot of moments can be really insultive towards other people. I read an interview in Entertainment Weekly that kind of explained a lot of stuff about the crossover and the kinds of stuff they went over is okay for Family Guy, but not really The Simpsons. I'm sure that the crossover will be alright, but I'm going to avoid it at all costs.

I don't watch both shows religiously, but I used to watch the reruns. I thought it was pretty funny.

Some of the funny moments on top of my head;

-car wash scene(that went on for too long)

-the line "I'm a Family Guy" to Homer's response "I'm a The Simpsons"

-cameo of Bob and Roger even though I don't watch those shows

-Kool Aid being at the wrong courthouse

-"chicken fight"