The Flash

Viper

New Flash show coming to the CW, and an extended trailer for you guys.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g]The Flash - Extended Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Personally, I think it looks cheesy. Suffering from the same issues that Arrow has. The main one being on the CW...they're one of the worst networks out there and are known for watering down shows (seriously, I've seen them needlessly censor your typical sitcoms). I really hope this isn't the origin story for Flash in Batman vs. Superman. Oh and that Flash outfit is horrible...

Either way, I know some people don't care as Arrow has a decent following...so I know some people here would enjoy this.

EDIT (as of January 11th 2015): Okay while this show does get cheesy from time to time, I need to point out that I finally got to watching Flash and Arrow and both shows are great. So I take back anything negative I said about it above. So no need to keep bitching at me about it. :p

Edited by TheViper4Life

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me Arrow is one of the best on Television. It is cheesy sometimes, of course, but delightfully cheesy. The acting is getting better and better and the more references they make to the comics, to more hyped up I am.

Flash looks much better than I expected. The effects are pretty decent and Grant Gustin is growing on me as Barry Allen. To say that I'm super excited for it would be an understatement.

Looking forward to the cross-overs.

It has potential and they've learnt from the mistakes of Arrow ie the voice overs during the plot which did slow it down a little bit. But this last year of Arrow has been exciting so looking forward to it. Also Grant has a quite a charm as Barry Allen which makes him rather fun to watch.

It definitely looks great! Flash's suit actually looks pretty badass for live-action!

Knowing that everything in this extended trailer is from the pilot both excites and worries me. The fact that Flash is in the suit and kicking ass immediately is great thing, but we're introduced to a ton of characters (Killer frost and Reverse Flash cameos!) and possible subplots for 42 minutes. The trailer honestly looks good and vast enough to be a feature film. Those feelings are almost exactly how I feel about Gotham too :p

At this point it feels like a mistake to not have Stephen Amell as Green Arrow and Grant Gustin as Flash in the Justice League movie. I mean we love the crap out of TV's Ollie Queen and soon TV's Flash, so why not? It would be freaking awesome!

At this point it feels like a mistake to not have Stephen Amell as Green Arrow and Grant Gustin as Flash in the Justice League movie. I mean we love the crap out of TV's Ollie Queen and soon TV's Flash, so why not? It would be freaking awesome!
I still think the suit looks lame to be honest. DC has done much better than that as of late.

But to your quoted point. Flash has already been confirmed to be in Batman vs. Superman, but the actor playing Flash hasn't been revealed yet. But the problem with this is the fact that, while Arrow isn't a BAD show...it suffers from the CWs compulsive need to child proof everything, which in turn takes away some of the grittier, darker nature we've come to love from live action super hero movies and in turn produces a very dull, cheesy product, IMO.

And to assume that Batman vs. Superman is going to have the same over the top special effect moments as Man of Steel, it'd be a weird transition for them to go from the watered down Arrow and Flash show to them being in action sequences they should be in anyways if they were on a less strict network. That is to say, if Green Arrow would even be in this version of the Justice League, as the way they seem to be going right now is Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman and Cyborg. I can totally see them casting someone else for Flash in the movie. Afterall...DC isn't quite doing as good of a job with a Super Hero Universe as Marvel is.

Edited by TheViper4Life

• 1 month later...

This series is well worth watching. After seeing the leaked episode of "Pilot", Grant Gustin performance as Barry Allen aka The Flash is top notch. I only hope CW will put more money towards The Flash and Gotham's budgets.

Below are a few spoilers and impressions.

[spoiler=imp] First of all, the entire episode was fantastic. Barry learns of his powers and gets The Flash costume all in the first episode. There is an even hint of time traveling scattered throughout the episode as it goes on.

The cast of characters is great and teases many DC characters for future seasons such as the following:

1. Professor Zoom
  2. Vibe
  3. Killer Frost
  4. Gorilla Grodd
  5. The Rouges (a criminal association)
  6. The H.I.V.E.

The lab explosion which caused many civilians in Central City to become Meta humans is another thing that stood out the most. Especially after Caitlin Snow told Barry that her fiancé died during an explosion at S.T.A.R. Labs. Now if you don't read the comics, this was a hint that the explosion was really caused by The H.I.V.E. which may be a major spoiler as the series progresses.

After Barry woke up and he was walking around with Dr. Harrison Wells, they pasted a broken cage prison with Grodd's name written on it; a well-known primarily enemy of The Flash.

http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/grodd-the-leaked-flash-pilot-easter-eggs-guide-to-episode-1.webp?width=570&height=322

Another easter egg was Green Lanterns possibly appearing due to the Ferris Air being teased:

http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/ferrisair-the-leaked-flash-pilot-easter-eggs-guide-to-episode-1.webp?width=570&height=323

Then we have the amazing cliffhanger ending. That left you wanting to know what happens next despite The Flash not officially airing until 3 more months. And it was how the professor as walking around in the hidden chamber. Inside this secret laboratory he opened a hologram containing a newspaper from the future. It was a teaser of Batman, yes Batman. If you looked closely at it there was a headline with, "Wayne Tech (Batman) /Queen Inc. (Green Arrow) Merger Complete".

Also Flash is missing from the Crisis, this is really another teaser to the Flash of Two Worlds which leads to the crisis stories which maybe referring to "Crisis on Earth-One!" and "Crisis on Earth-Two!". That is just my theory from the evidence given.

http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/batmanqueen-the-leaked-flash-pilot-easter-eggs-guide-to-episode-1.webp?width=570&height=324

So cannot wait for premiere. :)

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

• 2 months later...
I still think the suit looks lame to be honest. DC has done much better than that as of late.

But the problem with this is the fact that, while Arrow isn't a BAD show...it suffers from the CWs compulsive need to child proof everything, which in turn takes away some of the grittier, darker nature we've come to love from live action super hero movies and in turn produces a very dull, cheesy product, IMO.

Care to give some examples of this?

Care to give some examples of this?
The CW has this need to censor parts of certain shows that didn't normally have censors. Like they add their own. If you ever watch some of the old sitcoms that the station airs it censors words you know weren't censored before. The CW is well known for having strict policies on what's allowed in TV shows. So shows like Arrow or Flash tend to suffer from it because they have to abide by this very strict family friendly rules.