Gotham

OceanH

http://assets.fox.com/shows/gotham/photos/GOTHAM_CAROUSEL_DESKTOP-carousel-1400x386.jpg

http://www.fox.com/gotham/

From FOX' official Youtube channel:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1zpt6k5OI]Official Extended Trailer | GOTHAM | FOX BROADCASTING - YouTube[/ame]

From Gotham's official Youtube channel:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REoELMS5tXc]First Look | GOTHAM - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by OceanH

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kind of a cool concept, although I don't really trust Fox with it. I think they probably done the show without having younger versions of every villain, like they all went to the same high school or something, but I guess they needed to sell the show on something more than the guy from the OC and the Falcones.

Awesome! Love the fact that it's a prequel before Batman. :D

Fox hasn't had a great show in such a long time though... so we'll see how this turns out.

It's kind of a cool concept, although I don't really trust Fox with it. I think they probably done the show without having younger versions of every villain, like they all went to the same high school or something, but I guess they needed to sell the show on something more than the guy from the OC and the Falcones.

Have you seen Southland? He pretty much got out of that shadow. This is coming from someone who used to watch The OC. :p

Awesome! Love the fact that it's a prequel before Batman. :D

Fox hasn't had a great show in such a long time though... so we'll see how this turns out.

Have you seen Southland? He pretty much got out of that shadow. This is coming from someone who used to watch The OC. :p

I have not seen Southland, and didn't mean it the way it sounded. I couldn't think of his name, and he seems to be the only recognizable actor on the show.

I have not seen Southland, and didn't mean it the way it sounded. I couldn't think of his name, and he seems to be the only recognizable actor on the show.

I know you didn't, I was just teasing because that's what he's known for. :p

Actually now that I look at the cast, it's not THAT bad. It has the dad from Grounded For Life. He recently played as a drugged marshall in Sons of Anarchy as well. Pretty decent acting in that role.

But yeah, like I said, Fox hasn't had a good show in such a long time. Excluding comedies, Glee was the last successful show. Before that it's been ages before they actually kept a show without cancelling it.

Edited by Warbear
Grammar

Batman TV Prequel 'Gotham' Coming to Fox's 2014-2015 Season (VIDEO) - The Moviefone Blog

After gathering some impressive talent for its cast, Fox's Batman prequel series "Gotham" has another exciting addition: A series order from the network.

Fox made the announcement Monday that it would pick up the series for a full season to air sometime on the 2014-2015 schedule. It's expected to get a 22-episode order, though that exact number was unclear Monday.

While Bruce Wayne will appear on the show (played as a young man by David Mazouz), "Gotham" is meant to focus more closely on the residents of the Dark Knight's hometown, including main character Commissioner James Gordon (played by "The O.C." and "Southland" vet Ben McKenzie), in his pre-commissioner days. Villains the Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor), Riddler (Cory Michael Smith), Joker, and Catwoman (Camren Bicondova) will all get their due, as will crooked Gotham detective Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue), and the new villain Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith), who was created specifically for the show.

The show is the third drama picked up by Fox for next season. It joins the Rainn Wilson-starring procedural "Backstrom," and "Hieroglyph," set in ancient Egypt.

Expect "Gotham" to compete with similar superhero tie-in shows like ABC's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and the CW's "Arrow" for eyeballs next year. Check out the trailer below.

I'll definitely be watching this. If it's super hero related, I'll watch it, except Arrow...I really can't get into Arrow for some reason. Probably has a lot to do with it being on the CW...so I hope the new Flash show won't suffer the same fate.

But for this, I love the concept of a world told through the eyes of a young Gordon, without Batman there to help. I assume it'll be telling the story of how Gotham became so corrupt.

Hmmmmmm!

My gut churned at the initial thought of this!

Being an old man(queued on day one cinema release with my mates for the first Batman with Keaton/Nicholson) i'm quite ....precious when it comes to the old Dark Knight.

TV as a rule are pretty poor at doing series of an established movie franchise i.e Robocop,Terminator(did quite enjoy some of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles)

Hope it not going to be another slaughtered franchise(like i hope Star Wars isn't going to be)

The new trailer looks good. Got me more interested in this show. I hope it will do well, it looks like it has promise. It's not too far away from airing either.

I just hope that they don't throw a ton of villains in the show at once, might be a bit too much for it. Also, kind of leery about a young Joker. I really haven't looked in any of the comics, so I don't know if there is more to him in there, but so far, there really hasn't been much on the Jokers past that I know, or even his real name.

I just hope that they don't throw a ton of villains in the show at once, might be a bit too much for it. Also, kind of leery about a young Joker. I really haven't looked in any of the comics, so I don't know if there is more to him in there, but so far, there really hasn't been much on the Jokers past that I know, or even his real name.

Exactly that!! I hope they just don't make up a back story, as the point is, no real info has ever been released about him apart from rumours about him being called Red Hood way back in the day! If they actually put a back story in place it will, in my opinion, ruin the whole air of mystery that is in place regarding this character. If you ran a backlog story past Jerry Robinson, Bill Finger and Bob Kane, they'd probably not even entertain it!

Edited by mnbvdsa
the Joker made me do it!!