The Blacklist

Obie83

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched every episode, great show. this weeks cliffhanger was a bit rough

Yea, however, I was ready for it seing that the episode was labelled "Part 1" and seing the rating this episode got I got really hyped. It was awesome.

I would advice people that wants to watch this show to NEVER EVER see the trailer on youtube. It's basically the whole pilot in one trailer which will ruin the experience for people if they see it :D

I've heard that this is pretty similar to Alias? Don't know in what way but I loved that show (in the beginning at least) so I'll check this out when I get the time. :)

I've seen all 6 seasons of Alias and I also loved that show. I wouldn't say this show is similar to Alias since Alias is kind of unique and also has this kind of supernatural feel to it with cloning of people and such.

This show is more like a better story driven version of 24 (don't get me wrong, I love 24!)

Edited by Obie83

I've been watching The Blacklist also from the start. Have to say its a kick ass series with some nice twist and turns. Just wish I could find out why Lizzy is so important to Red. I know maybe the obvious reason but there has to be something more there.

Part I of this week's episode was awesome. Just shows some criminals are smarter then our FBI and CIA put together when Red told them at the black-site at the beginning that they did exactly what this mastermind wanted them to do to get to Red.

I've been watching The Blacklist also from the start. Have to say its a kick ass series with some nice twist and turns. Just wish I could find out why Lizzy is so important to Red. I know maybe the obvious reason but there has to be something more there.

Part I of this week's episode was awesome. Just shows some criminals are smarter then our FBI and CIA put together when Red told them at the black-site at the beginning that they did exactly what this mastermind wanted them to do to get to Red.

Just gonna mention this in case you missed it. Don't look if you haven't seen season 1 episode 7

[spoiler=daddyO]Red is Lizzy's real father, that should be reason enough:)

Why I think there is something more they'll reveal in the 2nd half of the season. Cause that part wouldn't surprise anyone. Cause I figured it out by the 2nd or 3rd episode.

I came to think of this as well

[spoiler=picture]After the episode with the guy that makes bodies dissapear, Red takes back a picture of someone from his files, possible wife/second daughter?

So who watched last night's episode? I think it was a great episode for Red and Lizzy. I still think [spoiler=lizzy] when Lizzy asked if Red was her father he lied to her to protect her from whoever this shadow organization is. I mean why else is she so important to him? If not her father maybe her brother? Or maybe this plan the secret organization mentioned? Cause I still think Red is her father.

Just another good fall finale. Can't wait for my shows to come back in the spring.

Edited by Hippeus

• 1 month later...
I've just heard about this show today from one of my co-workers. Sounds like a pretty good show, going to have to give it a shot.

Definitely. James Spader is freaking awesome. Watching him be this chilling villain in a few scenes is epic. It made me excited for his voice-acting as Ultron in Avengers 2

• 2 months later...
So at the end of last night episode when Lizzy [spoiler=red] found out that Red was telling her the truth all this time about her husband.

Did she figure out that [spoiler=red2] Red was her father cause of the music box?

Was little confused on that part at the end.

^ i dont think so just yet, because remember she asked him directly

^ i dont think so just yet, because remember she asked him directly

Even if he said he was in that episode I doubt she would believe him. Since she didn't even believe him about her husband. He said in a flashback that he could only lead her to the truth. Can't make her believe it. So maybe he said he wasn't cause she needs to find out herself.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He said he would never lie to her and he said he was not her father. But part of me wants to believe that he only meant it in the sense that he is not her father because he was not around

I cannot wait for next season because this is one of the best shows on television.

Edited by Roughdawg4

• 2 months later...
He said he would never lie to her and he said he was not her father. But part of me wants to believe that he only meant it in the sense that he is not her father because he was not around.

James Spader's character is very complex. The longer the show progresses, the more evidence points to the fact he is her father, but she's not ready to accept the truth. He knows she is not ready, and he is trying to protect her. Plus, if the Feds knew, they would (realistically) terminate their working relationship because it would be seen as a conflict of interest.

You saw how much she struggled to believe the truth about her husband the first two seasons, even though Reddington flat out told her the truth:

[spoiler=ab] "Your husband is not who you think he is."

If Reddington told her the truth about himself now (if, in fact, he is her father), I think it would throw Lizzy into a tailspin which might result in her becoming distracted and getting killed on the job. You know it is impossible for her to NOT answer her phone and say "I'll be there right away" whenever the FBI calls. She should really get that OCD checked out.

Edited by poetic_justice_