Boardwalk Empire

TINxCUP

Anyone else love this show as much as I do?

It's like the Soprano's in the 1920's. It's got Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, Arnold Rothstien and many other gangsters in it.

This is a trailer for the first season but the second season just started a few weeks ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6z71l6HQwQ]Boardwalk Empire: Trailer #1 (HBO) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by TINxCUP

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this show. But don't you mean the third season started a few weeks ago?

Yes, my apologies. We're already in the third season!

Yay! A thread for it finally. This season is already the best with Gyp Rosetti. Last night's episode wasn't much, but we got Richard Harrow. Can't wait for next week with Gyp.

Gyp is awesome! I've been running around saying "Everybody got guns!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJqnexDnQac]Everybody got guns! - YouTube[/ame]

Boardwalk is a great show, and very well done. Ive watched every episode religiously Sundays at 9 since it first aired. I miss James's character, but this seasons heating up with Rosettis crew and federal indictments gettin thrown around. Seeing Gyp in the dog collar last episode was epic lol. I couldnt believe the kid missed from that close.

Boardwalk is a great show, and very well done. Ive watched every episode religiously Sundays at 9 since it first aired. I miss James's character, but this seasons heating up with Rosettis crew and federal indictments gettin thrown around. Seeing Gyp in the dog collar last episode was epic lol. I couldnt believe the kid missed from that close.

I miss ol' Jimmy too! He was a great character.

A buddy of mine said that the kid that tried to kill Gyp is a young "Bugsy" Siegel. I think it's cool that we get to see all these guys before their prime.

Looking forward to Sunday's episode!

I miss ol' Jimmy too! He was a great character.

A buddy of mine said that the kid that tried to kill Gyp is a young "Bugsy" Siegel. I think it's cool that we get to see all these guys before their prime.

Looking forward to Sunday's episode!

The timeline and character fit that actually, so its quite possible. Theres a lot of correlations if you check out his wiki page. ( lived in brooklyn as a teenager, was friends with Al Capone, did 'contracts' for bootleggers in NY and NJ etc)

After watching the first three episodes of series 3 I stopped watching it. Nothing happens, its pretty boring and is nothing like The Sopranos.

It had great potential, but I'm sick of Margaret and her stories and would've preferred a focus on Capone and Luciano.

A shame, but there are better programmes out there.

After watching the first three episodes of series 3 I stopped watching it. Nothing happens, its pretty boring and is nothing like The Sopranos.

It had great potential, but I'm sick of Margaret and her stories and would've preferred a focus on Capone and Luciano.

A shame, but there are better programmes out there.

Your loss. If you can't tough it out because of Margaret and how slow-paced it is then that's a shame.

I wouldn't classify it as "slow paced" at all. Someone is always shooting at someone else. I cant even think of an episode that has passed where someone wasn't brutally murdered.

It's a thinking show, you have to have some sort of grasp on business like environments and interpersonal relationships to understand it.

I'll bet money that somebody gets shot in tonights episode.....:whistle:

Your loss. If you can't tough it out because of Margaret and how slow-paced it is then that's a shame.

I 'toughed it out' for more than two series. But yes, it is a shame. I don't know why but during each episode I was just bored as nothing seems to happen. This is the problem with serialised shows nowadays.

I felt for the james look a like think you've met a nice cougar having a nice time with her and next thing your clapped....speaking of looking up things are for half face the crying drunks daughter seem to take a liking to him I like this season its had its moments but I understand the pace concerns I blame last season for that......