XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > >

Old 04-23-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
oversoul53

Send a message via AIM to oversoul53 Send a message via MSN to oversoul53 Send a message via Yahoo to oversoul53 Send a message via Skype™ to oversoul53

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default Why Do People Get So Offended By TV Shows?

I was thinking about this earlier.

I watch shows like Family Guy, South Park, Futurama, and Drawn Together. and all of them, (with the last one being the worst) make jokes that are over the line, racist, stereotypical, sexist, and generally offensive.

and ya know what?.... IT'S FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

I have yet to be able to fathom why people get so offended by the jokes in these shows...

here's a few reasons I think u shouldn't be offended....

1. it's a joke
2. it's a cartoon
3. it's a TV show
4. it's not serious
5. it's a CARTOON

anyways, the more offensive a joke is, the better it is.

my favorite type of humor is random and offensive satire.

I'm the kind of guy who watches Comedy Central Roast Of _____ and goes "ooohhhhhhhh" when someone makes a joke that was below the belt, then I just start rolling.

Personally, I think ppl need to just shut up, sit down, grow a pair of balls, and stop being so sensitive, it's just a TV show. if u don't like it, down't watch it.

I'm a PlayStation MVP and you can be too
Add/Follow me on: Facebook Twitter GetGlue FourSquare
Google+ and/or YouTube
Read My Blog For Game Reviews and News

Last edited by oversoul53; 04-23-2011 at 05:33 AM.
oversoul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:26 AM   #2
[PS3T]kira

Send a message via Skype™ to [PS3T]kira

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Well I think you need to go back to school and take english again, your grammar is terrible.

Anyways, people have opinions. Being a /b/tard, I laugh at alot of fucked up stuff. I'm sure other people wouldn't laugh at 98% of the stuff I laugh at.
[PS3T]kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #3
Khriz360

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

i dont mind. what they put on their show its their thing but if it goes too far with race then yea

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes" - Romans 1:16
Khriz360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:28 AM   #4
Cornagandarub

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I think all jokes are great. They make light of the ungodly serious situations in this world, and allow people to laugh. Even if it goes against their conscience, they can't help but laugh. That can't be anything but a good thing.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:32 AM   #5
oversoul53

Send a message via AIM to oversoul53 Send a message via MSN to oversoul53 Send a message via Yahoo to oversoul53 Send a message via Skype™ to oversoul53

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PS3T]kira View Post
Well I think you need to go back to school and take english again, your grammar is terrible.
if u mean me using abbreviations like "u" and "ppl" it's because I'm on the internet and that's how many ppl talk on the internet. Granted it started mainly with IMs and Texting, but it's widely used now.

I don't use bad grammar when doing homework or whatever, but on sites like this, it doesn't matter if u say people or ppl. either way is fine because you are on a forum site.

Google+ and/or YouTube
Old 04-23-2011, 05:34 AM   #6
Cornagandarub

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oversoul53 View Post
if u mean me using abbreviations like "u" and "ppl" it's because I'm on the internet and that's how many ppl talk on the internet. Granted it started mainly with IMs and Texting, but it's widely used now.

I don't use bad grammar when doing homework or whatever, but on sites like this, it doesn't matter if u say people or ppl. either way is fine because you are on a forum site.
Your right, it doesn't matter.* We might want to get this back on topic, this could be a pretty good thread. (For a legitimate reason, not just laughing at stupid shit people post)
*That is of course unless you want to be taken seriously in your opinions and perspectives when you communicate them.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:38 AM   #7
ShadowAFC
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase Shadow's ''Box of Variety''   Staff - Super Moderator   Guide Supplement Silver   Word of Mouth - Gold   Helping Hand   Bronzer Than Nothing   Member of the Month Winner   Jack of All Trades   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oversoul53 View Post
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ann...ite-rules.html

2.0 - Bullet point 11

As for the topic, people are sensitive and overly serious.
ShadowAFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:43 AM   #8
oversoul53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStrife View Post
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ann...ite-rules.html

2.0 - Bullet point 11

As for the topic, people are sensitive and overly serious.
wow, never noticed that before... seems to contradict the first amendment, but whatever, I won't make a case of it.

*sigh* Now I'm gonna have to change my whole persona again

anyways, back on topic...

this is the type of over-sensitivity I'm talking about.

Google+ and/or YouTube

Last edited by oversoul53; 04-23-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #9
dante_kinkade

Send a message via AIM to dante_kinkade

With family guy I find it tends to try to make jokes but just comes off offensive and unfunny with peter says, namely the gay 'jokes' he makes are closer to hate slurs. Though it is kind of funny on the same show with stewie they make offecive yet funny jokes with/about him being gay. (though the bank vault episode was pretty gross.)

Oh also Drawn Together is pretty offensive and funny but it has nothing on the Canadian spoof of Big Brother aka Life's A Zoo.com.

Then there is another great offensive Canadian show called Kevin Spencer, one episode Percy spends the whole episode in black face, another episode he becomes a super hero knowen as drunken wellfair man, the whole family has each been arrested more then 200 times each and Kevin their kid is only 14, yet he smokes, drinks, does any type of drugs he can get his hands on, beats the crap out of anything that moves, is a thief, has torn a man apart in a secret island death fight and lots more.

dante_kinkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #10
Jonn_

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

What I find stupid is that many people carry on watching if they don't like it, you just need to press one button FFS. I think Family Guy's funny though
Jonn_ is offline   Reply With Quote