Your favorite fighting game series?

Your favorite fighting game series of all time?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite fighting game series of all time?

• Street Fighter
    • Mortal Kombat
    • Tekken
    • Dead or Alive
    • Marvel vs Capcom

I apologize for not including other fighting games since I rarely see Guilty Gear, Blazblue, etc in our country. Only a few malls in our area have this games. I also liked Blazblue. Like Tekken, it's hard to learn and hard to master. IMO, Marvel vs Capcom 3 would have been better if it used Blazblue graphics instead of SSF4 (2.5D graphics).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MK.

MK9 showed that a fighting game can have bucket loads of content and ridiculous amounts of re playability

Yea, there are the tourney players that believe fighting games should only have Arcade, versus and practise modes but they tend to forget that fighting games are infact GAMES and the end goal is to enjoy them.

Rival Schools :p

No seriously, the series itself introduced me to fighters and more. I care so much about this game and, well, everything included.

But about the poll, it's kinda difficult to chose because I like all the choices and fighting games in general! But if it comes down to one of the choices, it has to be Tekken, also grew up with Tekken 3 alongside Rival Schools and enjoyed the series for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It would most definitely be the Tekken series. I have fond memories of it, due to me playing Tekken 3 hours on end with my friends after school. The newest one, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, is a great addition to the series. All in all, fluid gameplay, nice visuals, and great replay value make Tekken one of my favorite fighting game franchises of all time.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...