Nina Williams' Chain Throws Useless?

KryptonianSurvivors

I always liked Nina Williams with her speed and chain throws. I noticed online whenever there are tournaments, I never see any Nina player use her chain throws. Is there a reason for that? If done correctly, it can do some decent damage. It seems like a waste to have that part of her move list and no one uses them.

I'm a casual player so if any Nina experts or Tekken experts can explain why her chain throws are basically ignored, that would be great.

Useless? I won alot of online battles by using her chain throws

The lag can be a bit annoying when you input the commands, but her chains (at least nina's) have plenty of time to imput the next command, so the lag isn't really a problem (I repeat, at least not a problem for Nina, I think it's harder for King)

Maybe some people doesn't want to use grabs because can be easily reversed. I used to do that everytime with Jin, I could even reverse those rare grabs from King and Dragunov

Escaping a grab will be even easier on Tekken Tag Tournament 2, since your partner can sometimes help you to break free (and you can also do a grab with your partner, double team for the win lol)

Thanks for the reply Jonth. I know the chain throws are far from useless. So, one reason they are not used in tournaments is they are easily countered. I know the pros just look for an opening to land their favorite combo and do damage. I just think players should look for openings to do a chain throw as well.

I'm a beginner so I have a lot to learn. I have surprised people online with chain throws. Maybe that's the best time to use them...when your opponent does not expect it.

Thanks for the reply Jonth. I know the chain throws are far from useless. So, one reason they are not used in tournaments is they are easily countered. I know the pros just look for an opening to land their favorite combo and do damage. I just think players should look for openings to do a chain throw as well.

I'm a beginner so I have a lot to learn. I have surprised people online with chain throws. Maybe that's the best time to use them...when your opponent does not expect it.

Yeah, Tekken isn't what it used to be right now...

Back in the time when Tekken 3 came out, people used every strategy to take full advantage about the character's moves. Combos, specials, grabs, evades, etc.

Right now everything's about juggling, now people just learn to juggle and that's all, they just launch an opponent in the air, do the juggle combo and ta-da, around 50% of the opponent's health is gone without a single chance to do something to defend

Is just not fun when you kill the enemy with just two launches and alot of juggle

But well... this is how Tekken decided to evolve. I just hope they develop some system to avoid juggling. BlazBlue did a great job developing the Burst system to cancel enemy combos at any moment and escape juggles

Pro players break throws pretty easily, that's why they are so rarely used in tournaments. While it is a decent noob-killer-move, some can break it, even with lag. But they seem to be a good weapon online...

Too bad it's all about air juggles now. I'm still learning Nina but this will force me to learn someone else as well....maybe Jin or Kazuya.

• 1 month later...
Too bad it's all about air juggles now. I'm still learning Nina but this will force me to learn someone else as well....maybe Jin or Kazuya.

I don't know how familiar you are with the game, but for chain throws, I could easily suggest you using King. He has the easiest, and the most chain throws. If you want to learn the juggling aspect of the game, use Paul. He has the easiest juggles in my opinion. ;)