Finally TBT is here

tbond22

I used to love Tecmo Super Bowl. As soon as I saw Throwback came out to day I bought it. Just finished my 1st game of the season. Btw, did they weaken the passing? I played as Houston and the QB never seemed to be able to throw furthen than about 20 yards. It was the same for my opponent QB. I didnt bother checking out the attributes.

Lol, I miss being able to sling the ball 70 yards down the fields to an opwn WR.

I used to love Tecmo Super Bowl. As soon as I saw Throwback came out to day I bought it. Just finished my 1st game of the season. Btw, did they weaken the passing? I played as Houston and the QB never seemed to be able to throw furthen than about 20 yards. It was the same for my opponent QB. I didnt bother checking out the attributes.

Lol, I miss being able to sling the ball 70 yards down the fields to an opwn WR.

Yeah, this is Tecmo BOWL, which was before Tecmo Super Bowl

Much like the Maddens of today the only real difference was the roster. I knew about grammar Nazis but not chronology Nazis.

No I was explaining to you that this was pretty much the gameplay on Tecmo Bowl...in Tecmo Super Bowl the big passes came about. I know this as I was playing Tecmo Bowl and TSB this weekend with friends as we usually do at nights when we get together for holidays.

But thanks...

No I was explaining to you that this was pretty much the gameplay on Tecmo Bowl...in Tecmo Super Bowl the big passes came about. I know this as I was playing Tecmo Bowl and TSB this weekend with friends as we usually do at nights when we get together for holidays.

But thanks...

Hey, my bad man. Thats the bad thing about forums, you cant tell when someone is being sincere or a jerk and people are usually being jerks. Sorry that I took what you said the wrong way.

The Tecmo Bowls has always been the best footbal games!

Super Bowl was the best though, you could trade between seasons, create new guys, sign free agents. Always thought they should make a tecmo bowl type game, same game play style, just put in a beefy create a team/player and full franchise.

Like a playable football manager game.

Yeah, I remember spending a whole day playing through most of a season with two of my cousins. After I left my team ended up winning the Super Bowl! :) I never got in to Madden and the only other football game I've liked since was NFL 2K5. I'm glad to see Tecmo making a comeback. i still need to get the Tecmo that came out on the DS.

Anyone here want to boost the 2 online trophies? I am all about the single player mode of this game (as it is the way I remember playing it back on the SNES), and want to knock out the 2 online requirements in as short a time as possible. Which would be just 2 games, 1 for me and 1 for my opponent. Each game would cover the "win 1 online game" and "defeat opponent by at least 18 points" requirements. Nice and easy, and then I can resume my single player season mode.

This is also good because the online component for this game is supposedly terrible, according to the X360 users. Rage quitting is not punished, so good luck getting an opponent that you're beating by 18 to finish the match. Also supposedly a lot of lag. And while the PSN version has been on hold for 30 days, I doubt it received any touch-ups to the netcode...

Anyone up for it?

Edited by zamboni