Won't Have Real NFL Players and Teams

tbond22

The original Tecmo Bowl didn't have real NFL players either -- that feature didn't materialize until Tecmo Super Bowl -- and still managed to be a ridiculously awesome game.

I'm just hoping it's less of a disappointment than Tecmo Bowl Kickoff for the Nintendo DS.

Actually the original Tecmo Bowl for the Nintendo did have real NFL players. The 49ers had Montana and Rice and were 1 of 2 teams with 3 pass plays an d 1 run play. The Raiders had Bo Jackson and LT was unstopable for the NY Giants. Trust me I played that game for hours at a time back in the day. And yes I will still get this one even though it won't have the real NFL players.

I believe they are using the players' abilities from Tecmo Super Bowl, but not the names. So I'll be able to identify Jerry Rice even if he's called Phil and the 49ers are called the Crushers. It was the same way with "QB Eagles" back in the day -- it's not like it diminished the experience.

Hopefully it is still a fun game. I was always a name guy. After all I bought Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball for the SNES and at the time it was the best baseball game out. The stats were the same as the real players and the team names were the right names, but not the players. I bought a sports almanac and changed the names to the real players.

But yes, if this game is like the SNES version it will still be a lot of fun even without the names. The online feature will be bad ass too.

They are using the rosters from the Tecmo Super Bowl from SNES. They will not have the names, but you can easily adjust them to be correct, because they allow changing of names. Somebody will post a roster update I am sure with the correct names and such. Especially for Tecmo Bowl which still has ROM sites that update each year simular to Madden.LOL If I see a good one I will post it. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody figures out how to update it to this years rosters(I know it would have to be a hack since attributes are not suppose to be edited).

I could careless if it has the real NFL players/team names or not, I just want to play some Tecmo Bowl!!! This has to be one of my top 10 favorite retro game of all-time and I can't wait for it to come out!!!

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/03/500x_custom_1267561597351_tb1.jpg

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

• 1 month later...
They didnt even bother to change the teams stats, I mean the Saints arent even good in this game, I was doing the best using Buffalo. I guess I should have researched before I gave my $10 bucks up.

It is the 1993 stats. The Saints were the Aint's back then. The 49ers, Cowboys and Bills were the good teams. I loved the original for SNES, so this remake is perfect for me.

The original Tecmo Bowl didn't have real NFL players either -- that feature didn't materialize until Tecmo Super Bowl -- and still managed to be a ridiculously awesome game.

I'm just hoping it's less of a disappointment than Tecmo Bowl Kickoff for the Nintendo DS.

actually you're wrong the original tecmo bowl (7 on 7 or what ever) had the players, no rel teams