my controller won't turn on my ps3

pogs2k10

when i press the home button to turn on my ps3, it wont turn on

Press the tiny reset button on the back of the controller. It's right above the serial number sticker on the right. Use a paper clip (or something similar) to poke it in the hole.

You may have to reconnect it to the PS3 via the USB cord to sync it again.

Edited by cnm313

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem. You have to go into your settings and take off the auto power off option (when it turns off automatically after a set number of hours of being idle). Its under power save settings then system auto-off. Turn that off and you're good to go

I had the same problem. You have to go into your settings and take off the auto power off option (when it turns off automatically after a set number of hours of being idle). Its under power save settings then system auto-off. Turn that off and you're good to go

i know your new, so :welcome: to the site, but this thread is old. it was sorted ages ago.

mods may :locked:

sometimes the search function brings up weird results. i can never use it to find exactly what i'm searching for unless i know who created a thread.

and yeah also sometimes new members go to a forum and look through each page, tbh its usually newer members that bump an old thread, maybe because they arent used to the way of the forums or maybe because they just want posts. :p

for the very first time you must connect via usb and like said above battery must be charged after the controller has been connected at least once via usb and it still doesnt work then on the bottom of the controller there is a very small hole, press it with a needle if u must b/c that resets the controller to default and try above steps again. hope this helps.