Any issues with PS3 on it's side?

xX_shoemaker_Xx

as the title says, i am considering standing my ps3 on it's side so i can have it closer to the tv and not have to stare at cables dangling between the two.. however, i am wondering if there are any known issues with doing so? i thought i remembered reading before about ps3s scratching discs if they were on their side, or burning up simply from being on it's side??

so, i turn to my fellow ps3t members and ask for your advice.. should i do this?

thanks!

I keep my fat system on it's side next to the tv. I actually find it dissipates heat better, since the vent is pointed upwards.

I haven't had any problems with disc scratches so far.

I don't know if the same can be said for slim models ... I know they make stands that you can buy to make it more stable (the fat models are wide enough that this shouldn't happen unless you knock right into it.)

I'd say you have nothing to worry about it you want to stand it on it's side.

Edited by Gyrfalcon09

I keep my fat system on it's side next to the tv. I actually find it dissipates heat better, since the vent is pointed upwards.

I haven't had any problems with disc scratches so far.

I don't know if the same can be said for slim models ... I know they make stands that you can buy to make it more stable (the fat models are wide enough that this shouldn't happen unless you knock right into it.)

I'd say you have nothing to worry about it you want to stand it on it's side.

thanks! i have the 60gb launch fatty, and really don't want to risk damaging it, or games, or anything else.. but sounds like you have had no issues at all, so i am gonna just go for it and hope for the best. thanks again!

I've never had a problem with my large 40GB PS3 sitting flat on the computer desk (hooked up to the Asus 19" widescreen monitor by HDMI to DVI cable and Logitech 2.1 speaker system). When I had it hooked up to my old CRT TV set, it was standing up and never had a problem with that either.