My controller won't connect

darkrchaos

I have tried everything but it won't work. It won't connect, it won't even turn on my ps3 if it connected by the wire.

I tried:

- Resetting the PS3

- Resetting the Controller

- Tried other Controllers

I don't know what else to do :(

Edited by darkrchaos

The first thing I would do is try a different USB cable as well... The problem could be that your cable is broken, which would prevent the controller from being paired.

If you know your cable is okay, try these articles from the actual Playstation Knowledge base which can help you find more help if it doesn't work, instead of some random ass website that leaves you up shit creek without a paddle.

PlayStation Knowledge Center | Support - PlayStation.com

PlayStation Knowledge Center | Support - PlayStation.com

Does your controller actually turn on? I'll give you three likely fixes:

1. (Your controller is turning on, but it's only blinking, searching for the console. Nothing happens.) Plug a USB- cable into the PS3, and connect the controller. Turn the controller on, and verify that it's working. Now turn your system off, unplug the controller, and try again.

2 (Your controller is not turning on at all.) It's been wiped of power. Take it to your computer/laptop, and plug it in using the USB- cable. Turn on the controller. Let it charge for a bit. Now unplug it, and try again.

3. (Your controller is not responding to any of these, or other fixes.) [Trade it in where you bought it, and ask for a new one/refund.[/i]

Edited by Cruore

Does your controller actually turn on? I'll give you three likely fixes:

1. (Your controller is turning on, but it's only blinking, searching for the console. Nothing happens.) Plug a USB- cable into the PS3, and connect the controller. Turn the controller on, and verify that it's working. Now turn your system off, unplug the controller, and try again.

2 (Your controller is not turning on at all.) It's been wiped of power. Take it to your computer/laptop, and plug it in using the USB- cable. Turn on the controller. Let it charge for a bit. Now unplug it, and try again.

3. (Your controller is not responding to any of these, or other fixes.) [Trade it in where you bought it, and ask for a new one/refund.[/i]

For number 1. can you just push the little black dot in the back of the controller? It seems more easy than all of that LOL