Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > >

Old 06-20-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
Sin-City-Big-Boy

Send a message via Yahoo to Sin-City-Big-Boy

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default PS3 WiFi

How can I make the PS3 wifi stronger ? My good friend is letting me steal is Wifi till my internet get back on. Right now it's at 20%-30% I wanna least get 45%. Is there anyway to do it ? Kinda funny he live right by me window to window but I still only get about 30%.

Sin-City-Big-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
Johnny Bananas

Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Bananas

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   15,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Gold
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

You can't force your PS3 or your friend's router to get a better connection. It has nothing to do with the PS3. All in the router. I guess have him move the router or you move the PS3 closer to each other might help.

July 13, 2004 ~ Donate Life ~ April 3, 2013
Johnny Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #3
Slamma

Awards Showcase Jack of All Trades   10,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bright Idea!   Member of the Month Winner   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

The closer the better and the less interference the better.
Slamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
teel

There are some routers that have a power saving setting where you can reduce the output power. Have your friend check if he can set the router to be more powerful. Other than that you either move closer, or you can buy a more powerful router, a signal booster, or an unidirectional antenna; but anyway, you can't do anything from your PS3.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:34 AM   #5
Sin-City-Big-Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teel View Post
There are some routers that have a power saving setting where you can reduce the output power. Have your friend check if he can set the router to be more powerful. Other than that you either move closer, or you can buy a more powerful router, a signal booster, or an unidirectional antenna; but anyway, you can't do anything from your PS3.
Can I put the signal booster on my PS3?

Old 06-22-2010, 04:12 AM   #6
Jake_357

Send a message via AIM to Jake_357

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

This is why ive had the idea of sony to make those little internet usb things like phone companies have.Being without internet is a fucking bitch.

And yes.Having alot of things in the way messes it up.Because when i was stealing my neighbors 2 years again theres was always horses walking in the way of the signal (my ps3 had to have been 100 yards away from her router atleast) I swear those damn horses always made me disconnect from GTA.Damn rednecks...

And no one sings me lullabies, And no one makes me close my eyes, So I throw the windows wide, And call to you across the sky...
Jake_357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:15 AM   #7
Sin-City-Big-Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl00357 View Post
This is why ive had the idea of sony to make those little internet usb things like phone companies have.Being without internet is a fucking bitch.

And yes.Having alot of things in the way messes it up.Because when i was stealing my neighbors 2 years again theres was always horses walking in the way of the signal (my ps3 had to have been 100 yards away from her router atleast) I swear those damn horses always made me disconnect from GTA.Damn rednecks...
Alex that ain't shit LOL. I remember when I had to go a block down from my house each day with my PSP just to see if there was a update or new demos then sit there or leave my PSP some where in the bush just for it to download.

Last edited by Sin-City-Big-Boy; 06-22-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:30 AM   #8
cdpjr28

Send a message via Yahoo to cdpjr28

Not much you can do man, beside get internet in your house. But i hear the wireless router that is G or N have good range. I wouldnt know myself my ps3 is maybe 20 feet from my router.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #9
teel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin-City-Big-Boy View Post
Can I put the signal booster on my PS3?
No, boosters attach to the router. There's the option of a repeater though, which basically you put halfway between the router and the PS3, it picks up the signal and repeats it. Mostly these are your options: Boost Wireless Range - How To Expand the Range of a WiFi Network all of them cost money though, and except the repeater all require modification on the router. Are you sure your friend knows about you using his internet?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #10
RuivoM

Try to have both of you with a window open, believe me, you'll get stronger signal. When I'd my PS3 by wifi, everytime I closed my door I got like 50%, with the door open I got like 70% lol.

Fallout New Vegas
RuivoM is offline   Reply With Quote