PS3 WiFi

Sin-City-Big-Boy

There are some routers that have a power saving setting where you can reduce the output power. Have your friend check if he can set the router to be more powerful. Other than that you either move closer, or you can buy a more powerful router, a signal booster, or an unidirectional antenna; but anyway, you can't do anything from your PS3.

There are some routers that have a power saving setting where you can reduce the output power. Have your friend check if he can set the router to be more powerful. Other than that you either move closer, or you can buy a more powerful router, a signal booster, or an unidirectional antenna; but anyway, you can't do anything from your PS3.

Can I put the signal booster on my PS3?

This is why ive had the idea of sony to make those little internet usb things like phone companies have.Being without internet is a fucking bitch.

And yes.Having alot of things in the way messes it up.Because when i was stealing my neighbors 2 years again theres was always horses walking in the way of the signal (my ps3 had to have been 100 yards away from her router atleast) I swear those damn horses always made me disconnect from GTA.Damn rednecks...

This is why ive had the idea of sony to make those little internet usb things like phone companies have.Being without internet is a fucking bitch.

And yes.Having alot of things in the way messes it up.Because when i was stealing my neighbors 2 years again theres was always horses walking in the way of the signal (my ps3 had to have been 100 yards away from her router atleast) I swear those damn horses always made me disconnect from GTA.Damn rednecks...

Alex that ain't shit LOL. I remember when I had to go a block down from my house each day with my PSP just to see if there was a update or new demos then sit there or leave my PSP some where in the bush just for it to download.

Edited by Sin-City-Big-Boy

Can I put the signal booster on my PS3?

No, boosters attach to the router. There's the option of a repeater though, which basically you put halfway between the router and the PS3, it picks up the signal and repeats it. Mostly these are your options: Boost Wireless Range - How To Expand the Range of a WiFi Network all of them cost money though, and except the repeater all require modification on the router. Are you sure your friend knows about you using his internet? :think: