XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > >

Old 11-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #11
eLefAdEr

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

If this happens to anyone else, try re-assigning the controller to a different port, found in the accessories settings in the System main menu.

eLefAdEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #12
funkyweed

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Word of Mouth - Gold   Member of the Month Winner   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   10,000 Posts   Bright Idea!   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

This also happens to me sometimes with either of my control pads.

Restarting the PS3 does the trick to fix it but i'll try resetting the pad itself, nice one.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #13
Boabree

im having the same problem and regardless of what i try it wont sync corectly. i've tried resetting the controlers, syncing the controllers with the usb wire and nothing. the controller doesn't even turn the ps3 on just keeps blinking? what is going wrong here? can you help?
Boabree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #14
morphingryno

Awards Showcase Member of the Month Winner   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boabree View Post
im having the same problem and regardless of what i try it wont sync corectly. i've tried resetting the controlers, syncing the controllers with the usb wire and nothing. the controller doesn't even turn the ps3 on just keeps blinking? what is going wrong here? can you help?
this happened to me before and i just used a different usb cable and it worked just fine after

my current/future projects
current
Trophy Points Guide - v4.00
PS3 Errors And Solutions - v1.10
Save Data Loss Prevention Guide - v1.01
R&C: ACIT Space Missions Guide - 1.00
morphingryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #15
Sarnath

this started happening to me aswell after the last patch. whenever i hit the PS button on the controller to start up the ps3 all i get is flashing lights. i have to manually hit the power on button on the ps3 and when it has started up i can press the PS button on the controller and it works just fine. ngh...
Old 11-26-2009, 01:50 AM   #16
JeffNY

I am a totally new PS3 owner. Just got it today. I installed the 3.1 update. Well, I play some games for a while then we go to dinner. When we come home I sit in my chair and hit the center PS button on my controller...the PS3 turns on.....then all I get are the 4 red blinking lights on the controller! It won't pair! ....oh, and the green and yellow LED's on the PS3 are flashing like crazy.

So I use the USB cable to re-pair the controller to the PS3. Seems to work ok again. But I have not turned off the PS3 yet....I didn't think I had to re-pair the controller EVERY time I want to use the PS3? Thats STUPID!

So I start searching the net this issue seems to be all over the net the past couple days, here is another example...
My ps3 controllers keep blinking when I turn them on | Video Game Online Forums & Community | Game Platform Discussions for Video Games - GameTrailers.com

Hope Sony gets a firmware FIX out soon....this is a real pain. Sony should test their software before releasing it.

Jeff
JeffNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:56 AM   #17
dz06lt

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

i have this problem as well ill have to try the mem trick

13 PS4 Now Playing Grand Theft Auto V; 102 PS3 Now Playing None; 90 Xbox360 Now Playing GTA San Andreas. 2 XB1

dz06lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #18
The-Man-In-Black

Send a message via MSN to The-Man-In-Black

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5

I was just coming to this site to see if anyone else was experiencing this exact problem.

According to several sites (including the forums on the main Playstation site), 3.10 seems to have borked Bluetooth connectivity.

The PS button on my controllers will turn the system on, but will not pair up. And when this happens, my remote control and bluetooth keyboard won't work either.

I end up having to manually reset the system -- sometimes two or three times -- to get the controllers to sync up again. It's basically all or nothing -- if my controllers work, all my BT devices work. If the controllers don't work, none of them do. So it's definitely a problem with Bluetooth. And I didn't have this issue a single time on my old launch model, nor did I have it before I upgraded to 3.10.

Here's a link to the thread on the PS site:

Wireless(BT) syncing issues THREAD** - PlayStation®3 Updates - PlayStation.com Forums
Old 11-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #19
The-Man-In-Black

Send a message via MSN to The-Man-In-Black

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5

I actually took the time to read through all of the other threads on the other sites regarding this issue. Here's what I've been able to figure out:

1) This seems to be an issue specifically with the PS3 Slim, Bluetooth, and the 3.10 update. I haven't read of any older models having this problem.

2) Turning on your system by using the power button on the PS3, waiting for it to load, THEN turning your controllers on seems to be an effective workaround so far, but this hasn't worked for everybody. It also kinda defeats one of the main purposes of the PS button -- not having to walk across the room to turn the system on.

3) Sony seems to be in complete denial. There's a 16 page thread I've linked to above on Sony's own website, and there's a dozen or so people who have called up and reported the problem, only to be told by Sony that they are the first and only people to have reported the problem so far. Pointing their representatives to the various threads or giving incident numbers of previous phone calls gets nowhere -- they still claim that your call is the first they've heard of the issue.

4) According to several of those posts, some have managed to get their reps to say that no fix is in the works.

This could become a siginficant problem for them very soon. With Christmas a month away, there's going to be a significant number of non-technically-savvy people who run into this problem, and won't know what to do or how to fix it etc. Most of them will think that their system is simply broken, and they're not going to like getting a flood of phone calls from angry parents who are pissed off that the one thing they got for their kid isn't working. I know I'd be pissed if I spent 300 bucks on something for my kid and he was sitting there crying because the damn thing didn't work right.

Sony has come a long way in a short time in the battle vs. X-Box. But if they continue to be in denial and allow this to linger through Christmas, all of that work could be for nothing once the angry parents write off the PS3 as a piece of junk and end up buying an X-Box.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #20
Kingpinn187

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I was just getting pissed off last night about this problem. My controller however would turn the PS on then it would start blinking the 4 lights. I just played with it plugged in. When I turned off the system I unplugged my controller, system turned off then I heard the beep telling me the system was just turned on. WTF?! My controller synced and turned on the system after I unpluged it.

Good tip about the reset button on the controller, I didn't know about it. Will try it next time.

Kingpinn187 is offline   Reply With Quote