PS4 can't charge anything

quopi

I can't charge my headset or controller on my PS4 because every time I plug in my charger, or any USB device I get a notification on my PS4 that says "Too many USB devices connected" and it just doesn't work, nothing charges at all. I get that even when only one USB is plugged in. But I don't even understand the notification, there's only two USB ports, and I've had two in numerous times. Does anyone know what is happening? :confused:

The USB ports could have been overloaded.

Have you tried power cycling the PS4? That normally fixes a bunch of things. Also for future reference, I'd get a docking station for the DS4.

Well I've tested with it a bit, everything works fine. But it just won't charge my mic. My mic is dead and I can't charge it at all or I get that message. I even went to my brother's PS4 and tried it there, still got the message. I have turned the PS4 on and off, but I will try power cycling it and unplugging it. I do leave it on a lot, with my DS4 charging so I probably just messed up the USB ports.

EDIT: I turned it off, unlplugged it and let it sit for a while and nothing happened still getting that message, I tried using a different charging wire, still nothing. My mic does come with it's own charger, but I have no clue where it is. I've always just used a DS4 charger on it and that has worked, but now nothing is.

Edited by quopi

Ok, update. Sorry if this counts as a double post.

I'm pretty sure it's my mic, because I found it's charging wire, that came with the mic itself and I plug it in. I get the "There are too many USB ports connected" message, then the mic begins to charge for like 3 seconds, then just stops. I've done this with 2 DS4 chargers, and now a charging wire for the mic itself, I've tried it on 2 PS4's and it doesn't charge on either. So I guess my mic is just broken.

Have you tried charging your DS4 and headset on a computer to rule out that the USB ports on your PS4 haven't stopped working?

Nope, I just let my PS4 rest all night, it still charges my controller and everything else, just not my Mic. I've plugged it into another PS4 as well, and it still hasn't worked. So I'm positive my mic is just messed up.