disc read error issue

carlito1

I bought Thief for the ps3 a month ago and didnt check if the disc would be scratched (big mistake i know) and only recently tested to see it would work and my ps3 couldnt recognise there was a disc there. To my horror it was scratched like crazy so I thought id try to resurface the disc and took it to game and it cost £2.99.

I did that yesterday and I was pretty damn happy with the results as i was playing it for a few hours, getting to the third level. Then all of a sudden as im about to start the level, while the game is on the loading screen I get a disc read error message. So I tried a lot of things like cleaning the disc with a cloth deleting my game data and save data etc and no luck.

Until i woke up this morning and then tried it again and it loaded the 3rd level at the 1st attempt. I was thinking awesome no more problems, as soon as i get to the next loading screen the disc error message comes up again.

So i have no idea whats going on, the game was working perfectly (to my knowledge) until that point. There is one scratch that is close to the middle of the disc which i guess they couldnt get get rid of completely. I just find it really weird that it manages to work at different times.

Anyway I was just hoping to hear from others if they had any issues like this or if there are any other solutions.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section or if theres a thread im not aware of.