PS4 fan won't turn off

Cavalieroscuro

its a short circuit in the fan unit.

im taking it ur guessing at that.

So, I write this because a friend has a problem. Right after playing MGSV, he exits the application but the fan won't turn off. If he tried to turn off PS4, the PS4 bleeps. Console is ok with other titles, but it already gave him this problem two times.

How an he solve it?

for the both times its happened, im assuming that it was with mgsv. every game is different and makes the ps4 react differently. mgsv im taking it is very graphically intense and is making the ps4 and fan work alot harder. the system is prob just not allowing u to turn it off while its still trying to cool itself down. if ur not noticing any other issues with it, theres nothing really to worry about, its just doing its job to protect itself.

So, I write this because a friend has a problem. Right after playing MGSV, he exits the application but the fan won't turn off. If he tried to turn off PS4, the PS4 bleeps. Console is ok with other titles, but it already gave him this problem two times.

How an he solve it?

How long are you waiting before turning the system off after quitting out of the game? I only ask because sometimes after an intense session with a graphics heavy game the fans will take longer to quiet down, even after the game has been stopped. I would suggest next time give the system some idle time after quitting out of the game and see if the fans eventually quiet down a bit instead of immediately trying to turn off the system.

Edited by vegetollo7