PSVITA can't find hidden Access Point

c1ned1ne

... one that is already stored, obviously :p.

I'm at my wits end. When I tried to connect my Vita to my WLAN today it kept telling me "no available access points", despite (a) there being plenty around and (B) I can connect just fine with my other devices. A firmware update got rid of the first issue and now I can at least see the publicly visible networks.

But I can't find my own, whenever I hide the SSID. When making it visible, it works without problem, so the correct access information are stored. Hiding it again (and thus forcing a network restart) and I can't pick it up. Last time I used my Vita was somewhere in October and up until then I never had a problem.

I deleted and re-created the stored connection, removed and re-added the Vita from my routers whitelist and rebooted the whole thing - all to no avail.

The only "reason" I can see is that it was completely depleted in the mean time which caused some issues with the stored information, such as my PSN-ID which led to a nasty "invalid timestamp" trophy when syncing, but like I said, I already re-created the saved AP.

So, any ideas what the problem may be and how to fix it?

As a work-around I have the SSID set to visible, but I'm not really keen on it and it doesn't fix the underlying issue.

Sounds very odd and I can't think of any solution other than to reset the Vita entirely (if you haven't done so by now). I'm using a hidden Access Point too without problems with my Vita.

Have you tried playing around with the Flight mode and switching the WLAN settings on and off alltogether on the Vita?

Sorry for not really helping but this is a very strange problem.