Is there any reason why I shouldn't get a super slim over a regular slim?

Hentekorino

Super Slims are fragile if you don't care for them properly. Most noteably in both models is that they have a significantly shorter lifespan on their bluray players than older models. You can counter this by buying games digitally and limiting disc based games.

I currently own a 500gb super slim, which I've had for a year now with no issues and it's on for several hours everyday.

Hey buddy, long time no see. You still haven't gotten a new PS3 yet? :mad:

As far as I know, Super Slims are more fragile in terms of overheating.

Super Slims are fragile if you don't care for them properly. Most noteably in both models is that they have a significantly shorter lifespan on their bluray players than older models. You can counter this by buying games digitally and limiting disc based games.

I currently own a 500gb super slim, which I've had for a year now with no issues and it's on for several hours everyday.

Woah really? I have a 500GB one as well that I got in the ACIII bundle in 2012. :think: I haven't had any issues with mine either, other than a slight dislike for the disk tray since you have to open it manually all the time. Hadn't heard of them being more prone to drive failure or anything.

Super Slims are fragile if you don't care for them properly.

The super-slim looks and feels extremely cheap imo. Especially that disc "door". First time touching it I thought it would fall off.

Really?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShaSi8HiCBg]PlayStation 3 Super Slim - Hammer Drop Test - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahfdH2tNQIY]PlayStation 3 Super Slim - Jump Test - YouTube[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...