ps3 keeps disconnecting PSN

jessinha

Hi

I just have bought a new PS3 since my old one was broken.

Now I installed it. I took a static IP (different one then the other one) and used the same DNS servers.

Now I was online yesterday and in the evening I got logged off several times.

Any idea what I need to do to fix this?

With my old ps3 i didnt have the problem. I have the ps3 connected with wire.

Do you get an error message when it happens? Like an error occured, you have been signed off, or something along those lines?

If so, I had a similar issue, still happens but rarely now. Everytime it disconnects me I either had to "Test my connection" on the PS3 itself, or reboot my router and it would fix it.

Do you get an error message when it happens? Like an error occured, you have been signed off, or something along those lines?

If so, I had a similar issue, still happens but rarely now. Everytime it disconnects me I either had to "Test my connection" on the PS3 itself, or reboot my router and it would fix it.

This^

Every so often I have to reboot my Router because I get booted off for no reason. It used to happen a lot but since I changed my PS3's Internet settings it doesn't happen anywhere near as often :).

it could be alot of things.. im having this issue currently with my ps4 on wifi.. the connection just drops intermittently.. im thinking its probably due to interference but the problem could also be the router.. i know i used to have to reboot my netgear router about once a week because a random device on wifi would start to be unable to connect to the internet(i.e. somebodys phone or laptop/tablet).. i wound up replacing my router for a asus router and havent had that particular issue anymore but again my ps4 does keep losing its connection randomly but it always reconnects right away without having to reboot the router anymore and all my other devices havent had any connection issues at all

The errorcode is 8002ad23.

Its getting annoying. I already resetted my router. Put the ps3 in dmz.

I dont know what else to do. My other ps slim didnt had this problem :(

Btw last night it happened when i was watching netflix.

It only logged me off psn but my movie kept streaming with no problems. So i guess its not the internet causing the troubles

Edited by jessinha

The errorcode is 8002ad23.

I had the same problem / error code, turns out to be the crap modem CenturyLink gives out to their customers.

PSN would log out every 5 minutes with that error code and kill any online game sessions at the same time.

My research found that error code is a timeout error, and the modem I have (actiontec modem/router combo) would easily crap out IF it did routing functions. But if you set it to "Transparent Bridge" mode in its WAN settings and use your own router hooked up to it for wi-fi, getting online, etc, it works fine. That's what I did and now I can game online for hours without it crapping out.

TL;DR

If you have DSL for internet / an ActionTec modem/router combo modem check:

1) You DON'T use the modem-router combo as your main router / only network hardware.

2) Your modem/router combo device is set to "Transparent Bridge" mode, effectively shutting off all routing functions of the modem. Note that your router hooked up to the modem would need the PPPoE username/password from your ISP to get online.

If you don't have DSL / CenturyLink, not sure what to tell you with other ISPs.

Forgot to add before my NAT type was 3, due to the modem's NAT and my router's NAT (double NAT scenario oops) Now with the routing off on the modem its type 2. If you have NAT type 3 you will want to check your network setup.

Can you post starting from the wall jack to the PS3, how many pieces of hardware are involved in your network setup?

I checked the websites but still there isnt anything I didnt do yet. Ok besides buying a new router. But I have no money for a new router. Since i just bought a new ps3.

Its really annoying. I get many errors. I get signed out of PSN, my throphy synchronising isnt working well. It goes till 20%, then another error for like 3 days.

Then i tried to sign in on another account, it says timed-out. I turn ps3 off, turn it on and it works right away. But then i get disonnected again....

My old ps3 didnt had this problem =(

This has also been happening to me over the last 3-4 weeks. It was strange as it was only really happening while I was playing Tomb Raider on PS3 in the beginning but it did happen fairly often. I've been noticing that the problem lately is coming from either my router or service provider as my laptop is the first to be disconnected before everything else falls in line.

I'm thinking my router is old and in need of replacement but of course there could be some issue on the provider's end too. The PS3 had been on wired but for about 5 months its been on wireless, so I don't think thats an issue. Its good to know (or bad I guess) that I'm not the only one with this problem.

My PS3 is on the wired connection. I guess then its maybe the router but what i dont get, why my old ps slim worked without problems just 4 days ago. Then I installed my new PS3 and problems came. Does it mind which IP adres I chose ? Which numbers to add at the end? Like my old PS3 i used number 60 in the end, and my new I decided to put 95, the static IP

Static IP and DMZ are not mutually exclusive. Rather it's good you give the DMZ client a static IP, or you'd have to set the router to always give the same IP off DHCP based on DMZ client MAC address.

Whether clients use DMZ during wired connections depends on the router. Set the console MAC off DMZ and start Internet Connection Test. If it still says NAT 2 DMZ is not required, if it says NAT 3 DMZ is required.

After that check your connection list off the router admin pages - there might be something else conflicting with the static IP you have. Check the router manual, make sure the address you gave is within the allowed private address range for the router (or perhaps it has a set range for static IPs). Last, in addition to the static IP settings on the console, set the router to always give the same IP to the console - so the router reserves the IP from DHCP pool.