Heartbleed bug

xhair

K ... so if I am one of the 900 ... and my identity is indeed stolen... Congrats!!

here is your list:

Loan payment due : 15th of month

Rogers (Cell bill) 15th of month

Truck payment due: 17th of month

Insurance ( Truck ) 20th of month

Shaw Cable ( ISP / TV ) 24th of month

Rent 1st of month

So ya, Thanks!!! ;)

Yahoo

Was it affected? Yes

Has it been patched? Partly

Do you need to change your password? Yes

More like "Do you need to change your password? No, because who the fuck still uses Yahoo?" :p

Oh god it gets better, AOL is on the list :rofl:

Anyway, guess I should go change my Google password now.

Yeah, this has been going on for a couple of days now. I changed my password on all my important accounts after hearing about this, just to be on the safe side.

As the article TC linked says, if the sites you changed your password on haven't fixed the bug yet, you aren't any safer. Anyone who wants to abuse the bug could get your new password just as easily as they could get your old one.

Edited by mjc0961

This is getting out of hand! I'm reading stuff like this almost on a weekly basis.

There has already been a huge theft of data concerning login information already twice this year, my router was affected by a hack (which could lead to the telehone bill rising in the thousands within minutes) and now this. 4 big incidents in 4 months is ridiculous. Luckily, only one of those incidents led to all of my main accounts being hacked. I changed all my passwords twice already and they are so long and complicated by now that even I have trouble remembering them. Hate this! It's just a matter of time until facebook, sony and other service greet me with a message like "there has been suspicious activity with your account, please change your password".

(Sorry for rant).

This is getting out of hand! I'm reading stuff like this almost on a weekly basis.

There has already been a huge theft of data concerning login information already twice this year, my router was affected by a hack (which could lead to the telehone bill rising in the thousands within minutes) and now this. 4 big incidents in 4 months is ridiculous. Luckily, only one of those incidents led to all of my main accounts being hacked. I changed all my passwords twice already and they are so long and complicated by now that even I have trouble remembering them. Hate this! It's just a matter of time until facebook, sony and other service greet me with a message like "there has been suspicious activity with your account, please change your password".

(Sorry for rant).

Welcome to life as we know it. It sucks, but regardless of what you partake in online, or what you do, our information is all over the place. It's flying around in "clouds" everywhere. It's just a matter of time before it ends up being serious and almost everyone is affected. There's loads of personal info out there and everything that protects it is fragile, despite of what anyone tells you. The things I hate the most are the joke ass services games make us use, like Shift (which was affected) or Uplay (which had been affected in the past). I don't want anything to do with those shitty things but if I want to get past the main menu of a game I have to give them an email address. My Sony account should be ample for anything I do on their consoles. You can only make so many dummy accounts for this crap before you just give in because it's annoying to keep doing it or there are too many accounts and passwords for garbage to keep up with.

TL/DR: Fuck it, we're screwed eventually.

Edited by WalterWhite