can't connect to ps store

asm1138

last week i got a new netgear router. i've enabled port forwarding to play assassins creed 4 since i'm usually in limited mode otherwise. since thursday, i've realised i cannot connect to the playstation store. i'm not sure exactly when access to the store cannot be made and if the two things are related. i gave my login details to a friend and he can get into the store just fine as me. so it can't be an account problem.

i cannot get to the ps store on my ps3 ('service is currently undergoing maintenance' message), ps4 (just keeps loading), pc (continuously says it's signing in but never completes), and tablet ('error occurred during communication with server'). all these devices use the same internet connection.

i've tried deleting the playstation store update and re-installing, checking the time and date are correct and automatically updated, rebuilt the database on the ps3, rebooted the router, had the isp reset the internet connection and forward ports - nothing. everything else is fine. i can login into psn, play multiplayer etc.

can anybody think of something i'm missing? is it possible my ip address has been blocked?

Edited by asm1138