Game Error..

TOOSWEET919

Ok i wasnt sure where to post this because the game doesnt have trophies so no forum for it so i thought here would be good. I recently bought a used copy of CoD 4 the first one because since the R2 shutdown i needed another game to play online. So i started up the game on my old ps3 and this menu ive never seen before popped up with a msg saying click X for yes and O for no. Ok... So i click X and it says a fatal error has occured quit to the XMB. So i hit O the next time and it does it again. Now i literally just got a new system yesterday and thought maybe it was my old one f'ing up so i threw in the disk and it happened again! Took the game back to gamestop and got a new disk, threw that one in and once again the damn screen pops up! Idk wtf is going on, i played CoD4 for years and never once saw this damn screen. So im curious if anyone here that may still play this has seen this before or maybe someone knows wtf is going on with it. The only thing i can think of doing is going back to gamestop again and getting yet another disk to try. Im just at such a loss as to why this is happening. Any input or help would be great.

I think this might be due to the servers being hacked at this point. It was mentioned in the Gamenight suggestion thread that a similar thing happens to people now so you can't actually play online. I'll go back and link you the post where someone mentioned it and see if it's the same thing as what you're getting.

Edit. This post and a couple after mention it.

Edited by Gage