PS4 Turning off internet

Klordz

Everytime i turn on my ps4 the internet just shuts down completly, i've been looking around the web trying to find answers but none of the sollutions work for me. I even turned of the connect to internet feature on my ps4 but it still shuts it down the very instance the light and beep comes on. this is a rather new problem, i've had it since launch with no problem at all. If it's usfull information it started happening when i moved it from one house to another.

This sounds weird indeed. Can you post some more information about it?

- What connection type do you use for the PS4? Wired or Wireless?

- When moving to a new place, did you change the internet-provider?

- Do you have a new router?

- Can you describe "internet shuts down" a little bit more detailed? Does your router completely shut down?

- Do all of your devices lose the internet connection as soon as you power on the PS4 or just the PS4?

- What do you do to re-esablish the internet-connection?

- What internet provider do you use?

That would be of great help. We basically need to pinpoint every small change that might have happened to your internet-connection besides moving to a new place, especially changes in your local configuration.

Edited by Legion2000

-Wireless

-Yes

-Same Router

-The router seems to run fine, but i can't access the internet on any devices

-Yes

-The second the light turns on i loose internett, the second it turns off i get it back

-Telenor

If you're using all the ethernet outputs and adding a few wireless devices to that, it can shut down the whole router, happened to me a few times.

It's a router problem, or atleast that was my issue. Not an issue per se, just limit the number of devices you hook up to the router.

If you're using all the ethernet outputs and adding a few wireless devices to that, it can shut down the whole router, happened to me a few times.

It's a router problem, or atleast that was my issue. Not an issue per se, just limit the number of devices you hook up to the router.

none of the outputs are being used

-Wireless

-Yes

-Same Router

-The router seems to run fine, but i can't access the internet on any devices

-Yes

-The second the light turns on i loose internett, the second it turns off i get it back

-Telenor

Thanks for the info. Have you tried using a wired connection then? It sounds like a router problem since it happens so fast (PS4 on, internet instantly off). The first thought that crossed my mind is, that you might have too many wireless connections running at the same time. You mentioned that none of the ethernet ports are being used.

It could be that you have several devices constantly connected through WLAN (PC, Smartphones, Home Entertainment Devices, Laptops etc.) and the PS4 trying to connect is overkill for the router (doesn't need to be internet, connecting to your local network is enough).

Try using a wired connection for your PS4 and try to turn off every device that could be connected through WLAN. Also, restarting the router is always good. Hope it'll help.

It's most likely the wifi connection. The PS4 creates a wifi hotspot for remote play for example,which could interfere with your router's wifi signal. If possible, try using a wired connection and see if it solves the problem.

Here are a few other forum posts regarding this issue. Maybe you'll find new details that help you solve the problem. Good luck.

PS4 crashes home WiFi - PlayStation Forum

Ps4 killing home wifi - PlayStation Forum

Ps4 killing wifi home network - PlayStation® Forums