Patch won't install

K1NG_NAZARA

So I downloaded Hotline Miami today... and the patch won't install... keep getting 8002AE22 errors. I've read around and the "official" response is to change my ISP... Seriously? Changing the ISP for a fucking 17 meg patch????

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Support/Error-8002ae22-installing-Gran-Turismo-5-Update-1-10/m-p/13659135#M614

Finally got this sorted by getting a mate with a different isp to download the file for me and installed it using a proxy. Seems like the problem lies with my isp.

(RabidWalker: This would most likely be an issue with the ISP, or alternatively your network setup. The error code received 8002ae22 would signify the download is incomplete, therefore data packets of information have been dropped. This can be due to port issues if through a wireless, in which case you can try opening Port Numbers or create a DMZ as well).

btw. Ster Kinekor are merely importers and distributors of PS3 in South Africa. There is no local PSN support. :smileywink:

Yes . Before you mess about with your ports though Have you tried safe mode options 3+4 + rebooted your router?

What I do with patches that won't download is to delete all traces of it from your system, now wait on the Patch download notification screen for approx 90secs until the HDD light stops flashing so much then press :cross: to start the download :). If this doesn't work then there's either an issue with the patch server or your ISP's DNS server is corrupting the download before it reaches you, in both cases there's nothing you can do except wait for the problem to sort itself out :(.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

I just read your tip in the Hotline Miami Subforum.. Just did it and nope... didn't work.. Now I'm waiting for everyone in the house to stop using the interwebz so I can reset my router... if that doesn't work... the last tip was... erm... oh yeah.. ps+ auto updating

EDIT: btw... when the patch fails... I can't remove all traces of it as it looks like it is auto removed after failure... can't find it anywhere.

EDIT2:

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

After try no. 15

http://i.imgur.com/0P6H9N0.jpg

Fuck this game... -_-

EDIT 3:

Router reset...did... NOTHING!

I give up -_-

Edited by K1NG_NAZARA

Dude, I also have Hotline Miami from PS+ and I got the same problem as you. I see in the Internet that many players have problem with this issue, so maybe it's problem with the update itself.

I have tried today download that update on PC and then transfer it to PS3 via proxy server, but still my console couldn't finish installation, so the patch was still corrupted.

So I can say that's not fault of our consoles or connection. It's the fault of sony's server or update is corrupted itself, so we can only wait till they fix it.

cheers

tha's complete bs... i was able to download and install the 600mb+ patch from BL2 without problems.. the same for ps home, metro LL and many more.. and hotline miami can't be downloaded because of my ISP? seriously? that's crap! not even my mobile phone can handle it (wlan hotspot with a complete different ISP)

i'll download it on my pc and check this thing out.. maybe the analysis brings some light into this

EDIT: these are the keys I get -> EU

PKG SHA1: fb7b5da9e4c1229cf4cfbf4868e850420adda552

SHA1: 3df87c08ae2e1f993276e612d034a8192546a90e

MD5: d2381fafa41195579f1e693079ac7dff

CRC32: A9BDB1CF

US seems to be working..:

PKG SHA1: 915098acb98ed4f7e5fefa4ca51285b88497aa75

SHA1: eb3f4c2eedf76c7aa0de9419edba1aea1e3ce08b

MD5: 5c300af00338f3ad47ea684c58b8ff32

CRC32: CBE5B378

BOTH downloaded with the same ISP... ;) (T-Online Germany 10MBit DSL)

so I think the update is corrupt and needs a re-build/sign from Sony.

Edited by Reys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...