Cheap reliable headset recommendation?

Robaldinio

I see somebody else made a similar thread, but I'm not looking for the most expensive thing on the market. I'm also hoping to avoid Turtlebeach because I think they're wildly overrated. I've had two headsets, both TBs, and both broke on me in relatively short spaces of time.

Durability is probably my main concern right now. As long as it has a mic and basic volume controls (mic vs headphones) -- I'd be interested in anything up to around £50, maybe more, that somebody can vouch for it lasting at least a year.

My TBs barely lasted a few months, and I used to hang them up when not in use and everything! :p

I was looking at headsets a few months ago. I just got the official Sony Headset for £16 from Argos.

Is that the wireless one that's just a single ear and a mic?

I'd prefer to get full headset that you can hear the game's surroundings through. Also I've never used a wireless before -- I've always been worried about them sounding awful for other players (I hate it when people have noisy mics). Maybe that's not the case though?

edit: Probably at the top end of my spectrum, but what about this?

Edited by Robaldinio

Is that the wireless one that's just a single ear and a mic?

I'd prefer to get full headset that you can hear the game's surroundings through. Also I've never used a wireless before -- I've always been worried about them sounding awful for other players (I hate it when people have noisy mics). Maybe that's not the case though?

edit: Probably at the top end of my spectrum, but what about this?

Yeah I got a proper one where you can listen to the game and the players and it has two sliders so you can choose which one you want to hear more.

Buy PS3 Licensed CP-01 Gaming Headset at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Headsets.

It works just fine for me. Worth the £16 I paid for it.

Is there a headset for just sound that is USB only? I have a Turtle beach from 360 I can use on PS3 but all these 5 cables plugging in I can't be arsed to be honest just want to plug in and that's it.

A "headset for just sound" would simply be headphones :p I don't think there are any USB headphones, just USB headsets. Headphones tend to have the standard 3,5mm jack only. If it's for the PS3 you can just plug that jack into the TV. If you want to directly connect it to the PS3, you can look into getting [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Splitter-3-5mm-Audio-Adapter/dp/B0009JFF7A/ref=pd_ys_iyr108]one of these[/ame] and connect it through the cables that came with the PS3.

Yeah I got a proper one where you can listen to the game and the players and it has two sliders so you can choose which one you want to hear more.

Buy PS3 Licensed CP-01 Gaming Headset at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Headsets.

Oh right, that looks awesome. Might get that, thanks. :)

edit: Buying it from Asda.

Edited by Robaldinio

Never seen a set of those I might grab some myself.

I have the Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City headset and it's the best I have used in years, it stays tight on your head without squeezing and had lots of padding, a mic, with volume controlls for game audio and other peoples mic audio and has great sound quality.

I paid £25 for it on amazon

Maybe there's something up with the game?

I dunno I bought it set it all up like that tiny little 4 page manual said, played BF3 and it was working, haven't tried it on any other games because well I didn't need it. It works on my PS3 and PC/laptop.

I'd say set it up all over again and pair it with PS3 again. Should work. I've had mine for about 6 months and it still works.