XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > Tech Centre

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Location: In my bed. Sometimes with some naughty ladies. Winky face. Yes, that is both a ;) and an innuendo.
Send a message via Skype™ to iamQmai

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Gold   First PS4 Game Nights   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Default How to get rid of "Related Searches" sidebar?

The title gives it away really, i've come on my laptop today and every single webpage i'm getting a "Related Searches" sidebar, it's big, horrible, ugly and gets in the way and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I haven't downloaded anything in the last few weeks to do this and it's just out of the blue how it popped up. At first I thought it was this site but it's everywhere.

I have windows 8 and it's a bitch to use so if you know how to get rid of it i'll need simple to follow steps

PS3T F1 League v5 Runner Up Be a perv and follow me on twitter!

Old 07-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Spyware as you could have been hit by a Drive-by Malware attack from visiting a site with a dodgy advert. I would do this in Safe Mode with your Router turned off in case whatever it is tries to phone home and download more crap.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the Legofied avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS

Last edited by Terminator; 07-16-2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Fixed typo.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to A-Smith-UK

sometimes you can find the toolbar, side bars on your install/uninstall programs also

Thanks Sackboy_LBP for the signature!
Platinum Trophies
Assassin's Creed II - Assassin's Creed III - Assassin's Creed Revelations - Call of Duty World at War - Far Cry 3 - Heavy Rain - Hitman Absolution - L.A Noire - Mafia II - Prototype 2 - Skyrim - Sleeping Dogs - The Godfather II - The Walking Dead
Old 07-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Location: In my bed. Sometimes with some naughty ladies. Winky face. Yes, that is both a ;) and an innuendo.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Gold   First PS4 Game Nights   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Smith-UK View Post
sometimes you can find the toolbar, side bars on your install/uninstall programs also
I've checked in the programs part and nothing is there which shouldn't be.

And i'll try what you've said Terminator, thanks

Old 07-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to A-Smith-UK

I can also right click the tool bar and clock not to show if you still got any on there

Thanks Sackboy_LBP for the signature!
Platinum Trophies
Assassin's Creed II - Assassin's Creed III - Assassin's Creed Revelations - Call of Duty World at War - Far Cry 3 - Heavy Rain - Hitman Absolution - L.A Noire - Mafia II - Prototype 2 - Skyrim - Sleeping Dogs - The Godfather II - The Walking Dead
Old 07-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Alright, i'm a retard, there was a clickable part on the sidebar which takes you to another site and you can uninstall it there.
Atleast it's gone now

You can lock this now mods

Closed Thread