Super Slim Disc Noise

darkrchaos

I got the new Super Slim since my old ps3 was starting not to work. Everything was okay until i started up a disc. It makes this high pitch noise that apparently my parents can't hear and it kills my ears. Can you hear it or is my hearing just too annoyingly strong? Or maybe it not supppose to sound like that. The noise gives me a headache after 30mintues. I don't know what to do. :(

I got the new Super Slim since my old ps3 was starting not to work. Everything was okay until i started up a disc. It makes this high pitch noise that apparently my parents can't hear and it kills my ears. Can you hear it or is my hearing just too annoyingly strong? Or maybe it not supppose to sound like that. The noise gives me a headache after 30mintues. I don't know what to do. :(

If you got it new just return it and get a new one. I got the AC3 500GB on the 30th and i haven't herd anything other then the normal ps3 sounds.

There could be a chance, depending on your age, that your system is emitting a specific frequency of noise that only younger ears can hear. That could explain why your parents wouldn't hear it while it's strong enough to give you headaches. (There have actually been developments to create sound-based anti-loitering systems that use a frequency that people under 18 can hear, but people 18+ won't.)

About the only way to be sure of what the noise really is, would be to have a friend of the same age or younger come over & play a little disc-based co-op on PS3. If they hear it too, then it's in that frequency range. If they don't hear it as well, then it may just be a frequency that your hearing is able to pick up on.

As for replacing/returning it, I suspect it would be a rather valid reason to do so considering it's causing you physical problems by using it. If you plan to simply do an exchange for another PS3 Super Slim, I'd suggest checking to see if the store has a floor model of the Super Slim. If they do, and if the people working there happen to be nice, you may be able to get them to put a pre-owned disc into the floor model just to see if it also has the issue. (Any friends with a Super Slim would also suffice) I'd certainly want to be careful and make sure that the sound issue isn't a problem globally affecting the PS3 Super Slim & Sony failed to notice the console emitting sounds like that. Could save you a little time replacing the console & just getting another sound-induced headache ^^;

well gamestop won't let me return it but i'm pretty sure sony will. I plan on using the money to get a old fat ps3 model. I think a normal slim would be okay since it suppose to sound like the super slim without a disc in it but i'm not taking any chances. At least I can still play my psn games until I fix this hell. Why me....