Loose Analog Sticks

legndorock

Hey guys did a quick search and didnt find anything on it so here it goes.

My controllers analog sticks are worn down so bad. My left one sticks to the side in whatever direction you put it in and my right one is so loose that my guy just looks around everywhere. This is a real pain in the ass when playing FPS games and other games like Pain.

I was wondering is there anyway to fix the controller myself so they can be alot more cooperative? I know I probably wont be able to make it good as new but at this point in the controllers life anything could be better tbh. Im trying not to buy a new controller til xmas as Im running low on cash and i need to have some money for CoD MW2 :D

Also a way thats not risky. Like i dont want a 50/50 shot at breaking my controller because i have no clue what im doing.

The problem is probably that, through use and friction, the parts of the analogue stick that make it spring back into place have worn down. Unfortunately, the analogue sticks are connected directly to the main circuit board of the PS3 controll pad. To fix the problem, you'd probably have to replace or repair both sticks, which is a complete whoar to do if you're not used to working with electronics and circuit boards.

I'd reccomend just putting up with it and try scroungeing the cash for a new pad.

Ya i really do have enough money i just dont like spending alot of money at the same time i mean really i bought UFC late last month $60 + $30-40 controller and then $80 MW2 i mean about $180 in a couple months on games? I love gaming but i need money for other stuff to and thats a bit too expensive for my blood. Having no job doesnt help either :)

• 3 weeks later...
Ya i really do have enough money i just dont like spending alot of money at the same time i mean really i bought UFC late last month $60 + $30-40 controller and then $80 MW2 i mean about $180 in a couple months on games? I love gaming but i need money for other stuff to and thats a bit too expensive for my blood. Having no job doesnt help either :)
I hear you man, but still, I think you should forget MW2 for now and buy a new controller. If you do get MW2 instead, you won't be able to play it, or other PS3 games, very well at all with a busted controller.

I know how you feel I had 2 controllers do the same thing on me, due to COD4 and UFC. I would suggest going out and just buying a controller though. I went out and got a new dual shock and realized games are much more fun when you can completely control your character.

You also have over 3 months until COD comes out so you never know what kind of money you will come across by then. Not to mention you will probably be able to find it on sale during the black friday sales a few weeks after it comes out, or just wait 6 weeks and get it for christmas. Just listen to mjc, getting a new shooter is no fun when you dont have a proper controller to play it with

I know how you feel I had 2 controllers do the same thing on me, due to COD4 and UFC. I would suggest going out and just buying a controller though. I went out and got a new dual shock and realized games are much more fun when you can completely control your character.

Yep, me too. I've gone thru 1 controller already because of this same issue with the analog sticks, getting ready to switch to a new one if it gets much worse.