XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > Tech Centre

Old 07-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to aHaZaRd2UrHeAlTh
Default PS3 Controller not working?

Could someone please tell me what in the world is wrong with the ps3 controller when all 4 red lights on top are blinking at once? I doubt it would be low battery, because even with it being plugged in, its still blinking and you are unable to move anything on the screen, as in the controller died or something. What can I do about this?

Platinums:
The Godfather 2
aHaZaRd2UrHeAlTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aHaZaRd2UrHeAlTh View Post
Could someone please tell me what in the world is wrong with the ps3 controller when all 4 red lights on top are blinking at once? I doubt it would be low battery, because even with it being plugged in, its still blinking and you are unable to move anything on the screen, as in the controller died or something. What can I do about this?
Thats your controll pad trying to sync with the PS3. Sometimes, the pad can have an internal brain-fart and not be able to connect properly.

On the back of the control pad is a tiny button. You'll need a pin or something to press it. Pressing it will do a hard reset on the controler. Then, just connect it via USB and give the PS button a press.

If that doesn't work, it may be a hardware fault that would require taking it apart to fix, but it hopefully won't be.
Labreya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Bronze Road Map Submitter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

That is really good to know, Labreya. I will use that because me and my brother share controllers... therefore we have tons of connection problems.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by addmanrcace View Post
That is really good to know, Labreya. I will use that because me and my brother share controllers... therefore we have tons of connection problems.

I take no credit for the knowledge of the button!

i only know because it was posted in another thread. After I read it I was like "There's no button back thOMGABUTTON!!!"
Labreya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to aHaZaRd2UrHeAlTh

It was really pissing me off, I didn't know what to do it would just not work at all even when it was plugged in, I was gonna throw it against the wall and use the other controller. Thanks dude.

Platinums:
The Godfather 2
aHaZaRd2UrHeAlTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aHaZaRd2UrHeAlTh View Post
i had that once after i used my controller at a friends house, but it went away after i plugged it in and restarted my PS3
Old 07-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Chapel

The reason this happened was because the PS3 controllers are bluetooth and can only be synced to one device at a time. If you use them on another system, you will need to sync them to your original system again to make them work.

Letting high-def Miis dance in a cloud of bubbles since 2008.
Chapel is offline   Reply With Quote