XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > >

Old 08-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #1
YenRou

Send a message via ICQ to YenRou Send a message via MSN to YenRou Send a message via Yahoo to YenRou

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Default Can't connect to wifi network with any device.

Everything was fine until yesterday night when I woke up from my nap. Everything stopped working, I couldn't connect with my laptop, iphone, PS3 and Vita.

The wifi connection itself is visible and available but when I try to connect I get the message "Unable to join the network."

I've resetted all devices including router but it didn't help. I even left it disconnected from the power supply overnight hoping that everything will work today.

I'm currently using 3G. Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:44 AM   #2
NY_Madness

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

If you have an ethernet cable plug the laptop into the router via wire and try resetting the network card, if you have Win 7 you can just click on troubleshooting problems. If you've already reset the modem and the network card then you may want to dial up your network provider.

Currently Boosting:
Dead Island JP, Dead Island Riptide JP
NY_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:13 AM   #3
YenRou

Send a message via ICQ to YenRou Send a message via MSN to YenRou Send a message via Yahoo to YenRou

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

I tried all of them before and Windows 7 troubleshooting is the biggest crap Microsoft's ever taken since IE.

I just called our provider and he reset something on his side and now it's working again. Does that mean that it was the provider's fault all along?

Thanks for the suggestions though
Old 08-20-2012, 04:26 AM   #4
NY_Madness

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YenRou View Post
I tried all of them before and Windows 7 troubleshooting is the biggest crap Microsoft's ever taken since IE.

I just called our provider and he reset something on his side and now it's working again. Does that mean that it was the provider's fault all along?

Thanks for the suggestions though
Most likely yeah. But who knows, there are so many things that can affect the connection, when I used to play World of Warcraft some of my guildies were unable to raid if there was a storm in their city, go figure! :]

Currently Boosting:
Dead Island JP, Dead Island Riptide JP
NY_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote