XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > Tech Centre

Old 03-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default "Forgot your password" question

So, I was fooling around on my ps3 and I logged out of PSN. When I then was gonna log back in I realized I had forgot my password so I clicked the "get a new password thing" and it tells me I have to type in date of birth to get a new one.

This would of course not have been any problem, but usually I just type whatever in when I make a user. I managed to figure out what my password was fortunately, but I was wondering, can you get your password back with just the email?

Like mailing sony or something. Because that is scary stuff.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

The email route does work but Sony aren't fastest of responders so you could be waiting a while .
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then read these Road Map, Trophy Guide and Guide Supplement before you start and use the Guide Template Generator. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Events Director

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Gold   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   Staff - Events Director   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)

I think you can ring them up, theres also the option of answering your secruity questions to get your password

Sig and Avatar by TheFlyingToaster
Harry94_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I see, thanks guys. Good to hear there are other ways if I find myself in this situation again in the future.