Ps3 wont turn on, Red Flashing light? help

Molasar

Ok, i have tried my best to read up on web and on forum here but there is no one easy answer anywhere. So im asking for anyone who had same issue to tell me what they had to do.

My ps3 is a 60 gig day 1 release. I have used it ALOT. I just recently bought a slim so i can play at desk in game room or in living room or have friends play so im lucky im not totally out a ps3 right now but roomie is going nuts wanting to play. Here is whats went down.

Few days ago while playing the PS+ back to the future episode 2 i got free, ps3 would just shut off at this one spot each time and do this wierd flashing red light and 3 beeps. Thought maybe was bad DL so played disc games and it didnt happen, FINNALY after few days it did happen with disc. Thought maybe was over heating but it actually wasnt hot like ive felt it hot before. I got disc out and tried to play few more times over couple days and now it wont even turn on!

What im getting now is it acts like its going to boot up, beeps once, light turns green for 2 secs and then red light with 3 beeps and turns off. All this happens in under 5 secs. Will not turn on at ALL...

So please, tell me if this happen to you and what out come is? I really dont wanna send it to sony, its day 1 ps3, i dont have money to buy another slim right now, which is what i would do instead of sending it off for 200 bucks for repair!! I appreciate any info you can give me on this guys...

Does seem like YLOD, sorry to hear :(. Maybe check up some videos on how to repair or call up Sony to do it if you dont mind paying. It maybe best investing in new one though. Or temp fix it and trade it in for costs towards a new one.

Wouldn't hurt to read through these:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tech-centre/16258-broken-ps3-ylod-tips-tricks-facts.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tech-centre/36515-aidans-ylod-repair-guide.html

Trade in even though its broke? Who would take it broke :p

A few guys I know of, temp fixed their YLOD PS3's via watching videos on youtube on how to do it. Once they did it they then traded their PS3's into Gamestation (Game store here in UK). Then went to other gaming store to buy a new PS3 adding money to the traded in one to the price of new one.

If it was me though, I'd opt to do it the proper/fair way. Like suggested also, call up Sony talk to them about the issue and see what they can offer in means of help over the issue.

Yep you defo have the YLOD.

people buy this on ebay even with ylod for a good price, repair it and sell it for profit. try it. i did it like that when i had ylod.

i heard about that but when i did i was gutted because i had just thrown my YLOD PS3 in the bin and pre ordered a slim. Still haunts me :L