Help, my PS3 won't play any sound.

Ivotas

Hey guys, as the title says, my PS3 doesn't play any sounds out of a sudden. Yesterday everything was still ok. But right now I can play games without any sound at all. I turned the PS3 of several times and reloaded. Also the cable is still connected perfectly with the TV so no issue there either yet I have an image but no sound. And that's not the case for just one game but all I've tried so far. Is there anything I can do at all or is my PS3 doomed now? :confused:

Additional to that I should add that as soon as I turned the PS3 on earlier I logged into PSN to reply to my messages and that during that time the screen became totally black and back to normal several times. So once I could see again, I turned of the system and loaded it anew but without logging into PSN. It's only then that with the first game I noticed the absense of sound. Just saying this in point this is important. If there's any help at all I'd gladly appreciate it.

Could you please explain how you solved the problem? When people are searching for a topic and find this it might help them.

That's the strange thing actually. I did something, that I already did before but didn't work the first time so I wasn't sure wether I should post it. But I can share either way.

To put it simple, it turned off the TV and turned it on again. The first time it didn't have any effect HOWEVER after I switched to see if my TV plays the sound of my PC (as I'm using my TV as monitor) it didn't play that one either, while it did play it before. So I turned the TV off a second time and when I turned it on again, both the PC and the PS3 sound worked again. The regular TV channel sound always worked.

So yeah, that's it. Don't know if that helps but that's at least how it worked for me. Strange thing is that I'm always manage to solve a problem myself AFTER I ask for help. Before I can't accomplish anything.^^

That's the strange thing actually. I did something, that I already did before but didn't work the first time so I wasn't sure wether I should post it. But I can share either way.

To put it simple, it turned off the TV and turned it on again. The first time it didn't have any effect HOWEVER after I switched to see if my TV plays the sound of my PC (as I'm using my TV as monitor) it didn't play that one either, while it did play it before. So I turned the TV off a second time and when I turned it on again, both the PC and the PS3 sound worked again. The regular TV channel sound always worked.

So yeah, that's it. Don't know if that helps but that's at least how it worked for me. Strange thing is that I'm always manage to solve a problem myself AFTER I ask for help. Before I can't accomplish anything.^^

lol that sounds like it's your tv problem so might not help me if it ever happen

Congrats on getting it fixed btw it's annoying playing without sound i can guarantee that!